Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom SC options

Postal Bob

I'm considering ordering a Custom SC pistol. I never shot a limited pistol so I'm not sure of some of the optional choice.

One is the long vs short dust cover. I know the longer dust cover adds foward weight, but anything else. I am of small stature with small hands, so recoil is a factor with me.

And what is the difference between the unique and classic slide? I tried to find some pictures of each, but I don't see anything.

And having smaller hands, I see the gun is cut for a medium size hand. Do you think it could be cut to a smaller size hand?

I'm considering ordering a Custom SC pistol. I never shot a limited pistol so I'm not sure of some of the optional choice.

One is the long vs short dust cover. I know the longer dust cover adds foward weight, but anything else. I am of small stature with small hands, so recoil is a factor with me.

And what is the difference between the unique and classic slide? I tried to find some pictures of each, but I don't see anything.

And having smaller hands, I see the gun is cut for a medium size hand. Do you think it could be cut to a smaller size hand?

Best thing to do at this point,

Call Bob at Brazo's! They will help

you out. PS I love the long dust

cover's! :cheers:

It would be best to call, we can go through all the options with you and figure out what will work best. If you are recoil sensitive the long dust cover and bull barrel setup will probably work th ebest for you. The SC is cut for a medium hand, this will be a little easier to get your hand around than a stock Edge.We do cut the gun to fit your particular hand on the full custom guns. If you have a really small hand you might want to look at that option.

Bob can reduce and stipple the grip for smaller hands and use a short curved or cut down a gunsmith blank trigger down to whatever size you need. You may also consider a paddle type mag release button, which will help you reach the release without shifting your grip (or shifting it less.) Classic and unique refers to the profile of the front of the slide. With the short dustcover, the slide is blended so the transition between the slide and frame flows better. On a long dustcover, no material is removed so you have that 'monolithic' look.

I'd definitely recommend the long DC to reduce the felt recoil. You may also talk to Bob about not drilling the lightening holes in the slide to make the gun feel softer. I've found that a heavier slide tends to soften the recoil (at the expense of some slide speed, which is a non-issue for most, IMHO.) You can also play around with the guiderod. Bob will put in a standard steel rod, drill it out to reduce weight, or put in a tungsten rod for additional weight. (I had him do all three for one of my limited pistols.)

Bob will definitely work with you to build a pistol that will fit your needs.

Thanks for all the feedback. I shoot a Kimber 1911, and have no problem with the grip, other than the mag release is just short of the teach of my thumb. I also shoot a Gen 4 Glock, and with the smallest grip panel, fits my hand perfect.

I'm glad to hear the SC is cut a little smaller than the stock Edge. My hand isn't that small, but of course when spending so much for a gun, you want it to fit your hand. I do like the look of the slide cuts, and will be loading some light loads also, so a lightened slide would be beneficial. As soon as I'm ready to order I will call.

BTW, what is the current wait time on the Custom SC these days?

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to odering my gun. I ended up ordering the 6" limited gun. Bob will undercut the trigger guard so I have more room to hold higher on the grip. I also ordered it with the ultra grip, and Bob will reduce the front checkering on the grip and replace it with a cushioned pad. This should also help my grip as I have small to medium hands. Can't wait to get it, but it won't be ready till next April. I should have it in time for next seasons matches.