Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Glocks, one frame.

Pro-Pain

I was actually thinking of this before this post: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127111

I was debating buying a used barrel/trigger bar/ejector/extractor. Are these the only parts I would need to convert calibers?

They're both small frame, 9mm and 40. I was thinking swapping out the trigger bar with ejector, and the barrel. Would I need to change the extractor too? Didn't want to buy a dedicated slide if I don't have to, was trying to do it with just barrel, and extractor if I need to.

Anyone try this? Would it work?

It really depends on what you have now. If you have the .40 already, teh conversion barrel and 9mm magazines is likely all you will need. If you have the 9mm already, you will need the .40 slide, barrel and magazines. There is a chance you would need to change the trigger housing (for the ejector only) but this has not been my experience. I have not had to do this on any of my three Glocks.

As you will see from other threads, it works for some and doesn't for others. I tried it with my G35 and had no end of FTE problems even after swapping both the extractor and the ejector. Now, in truth, I was also using Korean 9mm mags which might have contributed to the problem, but I did borrow a couple G17 mags and had pretty much the same results.

Actually I'm going the other way. Have a 17 & a 34, there's a post on the classifieds here of a G35 package the guy might break up.

Now that I think about it, a .40 barrel won't fit in a 9mm slide, huh?

Not until the GLocks with a bushing hit the market :goof:

As you will see from other threads, it works for some and doesn't for others. I tried it with my G35 and had no end of FTE problems even after swapping both the extractor and the ejector. Now, in truth, I was also using Korean 9mm mags which might have contributed to the problem, but I did borrow a couple G17 mags and had pretty much the same results.

What barrel?

My KKM g45 40-9 barrel has been working great.

I was worried at first because it will not hand cycle a round (extract a round by hand) because the extractor doesn't grab the rim enough. When I unload and show clear it just drops out of the empty mag well.

I called KKM and they told me not to judge the actual performance on hand cycling. Sure enough took it to the range for live fire and it runs fine.