Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 or Limited Pro - which one to buy?

MickB

I currently have a Match in .40 and am looking to upgrade to either the Limited Pro or Stock 2.

There doesn't appear to be much difference besides the Stock 2 having a full length dust cover on the frame.

Any other differences I should be aware of?

Which would you pick for USPSA and why?

Mick

stick with the Match and buy some more ammo/ components and practice....unless you just have to have a Production gun.

I currently have a Match in .40 and am looking to upgrade to either the Limited Pro or Stock 2.

There doesn't appear to be much difference besides the Stock 2 having a full length dust cover on the frame.

Any other differences I should be aware of?

Which would you pick for USPSA and why?

Mick

apples and oranges..from the Match to the stock/Limited Pro. Only upgrade for the Match is the Limited, which the big difference is magwell and full dust cover. off course there are some more.

What are you planning to do with the gun? If you want a production gun, I heard the Stock II is a great gun.

If your plan is to stay in Limited Division then why look at getting a SA/DA trigger pistol?

The main difference between the Stock 2 and the Limited or Limited Pro is that the Stock 2 has a 4.5 inch barrel and the others have 4.75 inch barrels. If you are willing to spend the money on a Stock 2 just chip in a little bit more and get a Limited. The only reason why I would get a Limited Pro is to shoot Production division because it has a SA/DA trigger. Other than that the Limited Pro is a waste to try and use in Limited because you will have to spend quite a bit of money converting it over to a SA only trigger along with all the other hop ups needed to make it truly competitive.

Production Division = Stock 2, Limited Pro

Limited Division = Limited, Match

• 4 months later...

If your plan is to stay in Limited Division then why look at getting a SA/DA trigger pistol?

The main difference between the Stock 2 and the Limited or Limited Pro is that the Stock 2 has a 4.5 inch barrel and the others have 4.75 inch barrels. If you are willing to spend the money on a Stock 2 just chip in a little bit more and get a Limited. The only reason why I would get a Limited Pro is to shoot Production division because it has a SA/DA trigger. Other than that the Limited Pro is a waste to try and use in Limited because you will have to spend quite a bit of money converting it over to a SA only trigger along with all the other hop ups needed to make it truly competitive.

Production Division = Stock 2, Limited Pro

Limited Division = Limited, Match

Hmmm...CHA-LEE. Coincidently I just talked to Henning on the phone today, (9/12/11) asking some of the same questions concerning these two guns. I'm trying to make up my mind which one Being they are so similar. Henning said (in case some of you didn't know this feature of these two guns), that yes they both are double action, but they also have a slide safety like a 19ll (which is so cool) but not the grip safety part, making them legal to shoot as Production OR in Limited, because of the additional cocked and locked position when starting as when using a 1911 if you wished to do so. I'd like to shoot both.

My Sig 9mm Competion X-5 (single action) kept me only in Limited. The Tan's will let you shoot both, was my understanding from Henning. Double check out my info if I got it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how he meant it. I'm leaning towards the Limited Pro. I don't know why, maybe it's because it's a little more 1911 looking, my favorite pistol, and the barrell is about a quarter inch longer than the Stock 2 I believe. The only thing I'd miss on the Limited Pro is they don't put a trigger set stop screw on it like the Stock II for some reason. BTW I'm selling the Sig X5 Competition 9mm if anyone is interested. An awesomely accurate gun. Shoots scary tight groups. But I digress...As with the Tanfoglio Match, I'm pretty sure you can also buy conversion slide/barrel kits for around $250 to also shoot also .40, .45 and 10mm. What a terrific feature. Use same holster for all, same grip etc. Is that cool or what? Like I said I'm just discovering and researching all the cool features on these guns myself, so if anyone has any corrections or additions please let me know. It would be much appreciated because I'm very close to ordering one

something to note about a tanfoglio stock 2 (small frame) for production rules.(USPSA) The book says for weight that the stock 2 is 44oz from the factory. USPSA rules state it can not be 2 oz over that declared weight from the factory. Mine weighed approx 44.03 ounces (so it was fine) last year at the area 7 match. FYI. That is with aluminum grips, which I believe weigh more than the wood grips. Another thing to note is that the weight may change with the addition of different basepads. The rubber ones are too big for the USPSA box. The aluminum ones are good to go, and don`t really add much weight, but I prefer them over the flat metal plates. I have one Henning small frame mag pad and it fits in the box, but could add weight to it, as they are slightly heavier. JUst FYI.

something to note about a tanfoglio stock 2 (small frame) for production rules.(USPSA) The book says for weight that the stock 2 is 44oz from the factory. USPSA rules state it can not be 2 oz over that declared weight from the factory. Mine weighed approx 44.03 ounces (so it was fine) last year at the area 7 match. FYI. That is with aluminum grips, which I believe weigh more than the wood grips. Another thing to note is that the weight may change with the addition of different basepads. The rubber ones are too big for the USPSA box. The aluminum ones are good to go, and don`t really add much weight, but I prefer them over the flat metal plates. I have one Henning small frame mag pad and it fits in the box, but could add weight to it, as they are slightly heavier. JUst FYI.

Mo...Can you also shoot Limited with your Stock II (or a Limited Pro-da/sa) if you start from a cocked and locked position as a 1911? If you can, MikeB would be correct in being interested in the Stock II or Limited Pro...correct? Here's some thing weird, Cheaper Than Dirt has a listed weight of 33oz for the Stock II which is a big difference from 44oz and the Limited Pro at 39oz :mellow: . Either gun is selling for $765. Seems like a good price. Is it?

Stock 2 in the USA is a large frame,...so I am not sure of it has a bull barrel in 9mm? The Bull barrel makes a considerable difference in wieght....so it may not be the same gun. Also, the outer dimensions of the small frame and large frame are the same around the grip, what is different I believe is that there is less material in the large frame to account for the larger dimension mags.

re: cocked and locked,...yep. You can shoot SA first shot and shoot in limited, or Limited 10,.etc.

Edited by Mo Hepworth