Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with sun screen yellowing TechWear shirt

RAZZ

I have a couple of TechWear shirts (and a few white cotton shirts) that may be ruined from my sun screen. It yellows the fabric, and I can't wash it out. Has anyone tried color-safe bleach on a TechWear shirt (I'll call them later when they open and ask as well)? Does anyone have a recommendation for sun block that won't stain the shirt? I'm using Coppertone Sport, by the way, in the blue bottle.

Thanks

I have the same problem on some white t-shirts. Regular chlorine beach didn't work. If regular bleach hasn't worked, I highly doubt a color-safe bleach will do anything.

I use Wal-Mart's "No Ad" brand (SPF 50 or 60). Maybe it is just something sun screen does to light colored shirts.

I have a couple of TechWear shirts (and a few white cotton shirts) that may be ruined from my sun screen. It yellows the fabric, and I can't wash it out. Has anyone tried color-safe bleach on a TechWear shirt (I'll call them later when they open and ask as well)? Does anyone have a recommendation for sun block that won't stain the shirt? I'm using Coppertone Sport, by the way, in the blue bottle.

Thanks

You guys are animals. I would burn like a yankee if I didn't wear SPF 70 sun block in Florida.

FWIW, I called TechWear. They said they had never heard of it happening, and didn't know what would happen if I used color safe bleach on it.

ETA Gotta love the interweb. If any of you care to read a page on sun block staining clothing, and how to remove it...

http://www.ehow.com/way_5639760_sunblock-stain-removal.html

Edited by RAZZ

switch to banana boat ultra sweatproof,(Orange bottle) it doesnt stain as bad, the blue bottle stuff is the worse, used to turn the top part of my socks orange.

I'll try that, thanks.

I've got the shirts soaking in pre-treater now, and I'll wash them when I get home from work. I'll come back with the results later.

Edited by RAZZ