Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Me shooting the 2011 Alabama State IDPA match

Nice shootin'!

But it looks like stage 1 with the second to last target (0.27 and 1.00 time) was a 180 violation...not on the shooter, but the stage designer.

There is no 180 rule in IDPA. The way that bay is designed, it's sort of in a corner. The squad/spectators are to the rear and left of the stage start position, so no safety issues.

I smoked that stage Jimmy. It looks like you only fired 1 shot on the left target (stage 1). Then you reloaded and went on...5 down? Mark, the camera can make it look like the 180 breakage, but it wasn't. I thought the same thing during the walk through.

That really fast mover on stage 2, I shot very well. Only threw 1 point. That second reload really hurt you on stage 2 and 12..

Looks like that SO helped you out on stage 10 with opening that door. I noticed the camera issues you mentioned on stage 9. Gun moving with the sound coming later..lol Good shooting though.

On stage 2 I couldn't remember the required shots on target so I shot 3 on each. That mover on 2 was prolly one of the fastest ones I've shot. I went 3 down on it. I had a zero and a 3 on the first target on the mover and 3 down zero's on the second one. The extra mag change on 12 was just poor round management. You shot the match real well Wes.

I did ok. I got 1 PE and 2 HNT's. 13 seconds worth of penalties.

1 NT was on the double bobber stage. Trying to get both bobbers cost me one. The other was because it was lunch time and I rushed through a stage so I could eat. Us big boys like to chow down. :roflol:

My PE was for turning over the card with my weak hand and not my strong hand. That was a silly stage and down right dangerous when sweeping your leg. I still had a blast but I hope the match returns to Birmingham, AL next year. I like their facilities better. Much bigger range also. Not to mention 1 1/2 hours closer to me.

Getting bumped to MA again was key for me. I made SSP MA rather quickly and had too much time as a ESP EX... Now it's CDP time...maybe with this new Ruger SR1911 coming soon.

Edited by hankfan79

Hey Jimmy, on stage 1 after walking through the activator, you shot T4 and then T3(bobber). That was surely the quickest way to do it, but I didn't even consider it due to the NT in front of it combined with the distance. Were you able to pull it off? Looking at the results, I see that you were 17 down on the stage.

Stage 1 was one of my better stages. I finished 9th overall on it with a 23.95(1).

On stage 2 I couldn't remember the required shots on target so I shot 3 on each. That mover on 2 was prolly one of the fastest ones I've shot. I went 3 down on it. I had a zero and a 3 on the first target on the mover and 3 down zero's on the second one. The extra mag change on 12 was just poor round management. You shot the match real well Wes.

+1 on the mover on stage 2. I was only able to get three shots fired at the mover(due to me not getting ready fast enough). My targets were -8 and -10. I think it was harder because the mover was so close. It really limited the time we were able to engage the targets.

I was 6 down with a failure on the stationary target and 6 down on the mover. I zeroed the bobber and only fired one shot at another target. I had planned to go back to the first and make sure I got my hits but didn't. The only real reason I did it was one of the guys in my group bet me $20 that I couldn't do it. I couldn't pass up the challenge.

+1 on the mover on stage 2. I was only able to get three shots fired at the mover(due to me not getting ready fast enough). My targets were -8 and -10. I think it was harder because the mover was so close. It really limited the time we were able to engage the targets.

I was the first shooter from our squad on that stage. I knew that the mover was extremely fast so getting your gun out and ready was key here. I drew my gun and was pointing downrange BEFORE I tripped the sensor. Being that I am 6'3", I also moved away from the port a tad because I had to duck down to engage the target. I finished 3rd overall on that stage. I beat both of you on stage 1...just sayin' :roflol:

I should have recorded my stages.

Edited by hankfan79

I was 6 down with a failure on the stationary target and 6 down on the mover. I zeroed the bobber and only fired one shot at another target. I had planned to go back to the first and make sure I got my hits but didn't. The only real reason I did it was one of the guys in my group bet me $20 that I couldn't do it. I couldn't pass up the challenge.

Ya ya Wes. I kicked your butt on the standards stage though :)

Yea, by 1.79 :roflol:

You must mean stage 5? That is where I tagged the non-threat in the head. Square in the zero!

Edited by hankfan79