Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSA Fun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago, my party is flying out of Atlanta home to Detroit. We had 3 pistols apiece, magazines, ammo, knives, holsters/rigs and body armor all laying as the top layer in the bags for inspection. The Ticket Agent looks at us a little screwy and asks our destination. We tell him Detroit. He gets this look on his face like the light has gone on and tells us to close the bags as he signs the little red tag that has to go in with the guns. I ask what's up and he says "If I was heading to Detroit, I would have all this and more too".........that was the entire inspection/questioning. Bags went right on the conveyor and we were off to security. Everything arrived fine and there were no questions. Now if only every other trip had gone so well as this one.

Nothing was as good as watching the horror on the guys face who was hand patting Mike Dame down in Montreal as we were trying to get to a plane. The guy is kneeling down in front of Mike. We are late due to the changing of planes and we will have to run through the airport to the gate. The guy is taking his time and trying to be thourough. Mike just unbuttons his top button on his pants and asks the guy if "he wants to see his thong". The Canadian TSA guy recoils in horror and Mike buttons up and we are off and running. The lady in line right behind Mike just started cracking up. I wish I had my camera to catch both of thier expresssions. Priceless!

If you fly enough with guns or go accross international borders with weapons, the story's you will have become allmost legend. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

• 1 month later...

Last year, I flew to New Orleans and back home with a .45 ACP round in my laptop bag. Somehow it had gotten in there at the house and I didn't see it. Neither did TSA. I got a new bag a the conference and was transferring my laptop and stuff when I got home and found it. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't get caught because of all the hassles it would cause. On the other, it was kind of disturbing that I made it through two different airports without a problem. These days I'm just a bit paranoid about searching my bag before stepping foot in the airport.

Long-time lurker......

I had a similar instance. I had been on a hunting trip to KS and shortly thereafter traveled to Brazil. When I got here I was stunned and somewhat sickened to find a 7.62 x 39 round that had made it through security. I had it along to KS for testing of a new rifle and put just a few rounds in my suitcase. I try very hard these days to give a thorough look to all luggage before airline travel.

Another similar experience was when I was meeting a friend in Vegas and was taking a weight kit for a Browning Medalist pistol to him. This is nothing beyond threaded and dovetailed metal, certainly not a firearm. I was very upfront with them as to what it was and ended up having to check it. What a pain as I had not wanted to check anything. It made it but I couldn't help wondering if it would have been no problem had I told them it was surgical equipment???

Seeing this post reminded me of a funny story a local ATF agent told me a couple years ago, he was flying somewhere and TSA found a pair of fingernail clippers... I think it was probably in his carry on because most agents I've seen usually bypass or go on through metal detectors... anyways... they said they were going to have to confiscate them... He said look I'm a federal agent... I'm allowed to carry a firearm on this plane... the TSA guy promptly responded.. Sir you are allowed to have that firearm on the plane, but you arent allowed to have the fingernail clippers! No joke they kept his nail clippers!

Edited by mrwhite1

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing this post reminded me of a funny story a local ATF agent told me a couple years ago, he was flying somewhere and TSA found a pair of fingernail clippers... I think it was probably in his carry on because most agents I've seen usually bypass or go on through metal detectors... anyways... they said they were going to have to confiscate them... He said look I'm a federal agent... I'm allowed to carry a firearm on this plane... the TSA guy promptly responded.. Sir you are allowed to have that firearm on the plane, but you arent allowed to have the fingernail clippers! No joke they kept his nail clippers!

funny and sad at the same time

Sir you are allowed to have that firearm on the plane, but you arent allowed to have the fingernail clippers! No joke they kept his nail clippers!

i've often thought that i can legally carry a gun, but its illegal for me to have a stick/baton/asp. i can use lethal force to defend myself on someone, but not less lethal... go figure.

flight stories in the future.