Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Match .40 Frame Crack or Blemish?

G.I. Bro

This being my first post I'd like to start off by saying hi. I have been looking in to get a witness for a while now and have read through this forum a lot for info.

Finally took the plunge and ordered one online Monday, and it arrived at the gun shop today. Got it home and started inspecting it more thoroughly and what at first appeared to be a surface blemish on the right side of the frame started to look more and more like a crack to me. Took the slide off and found what looked to be a crack on the inside of the frame in almost the exact same spot, only slightly lower. Don't know if I'm just being paranoid so I figured I'd get some further opinions before having to exchange it or send it on warranty and turning my relatively inexpensive purchase into a moderately expensive one with additional shipping and transfer fees. Just in case there are any question there are zero rounds through this gun.

Thanks in advance

Pics

Well you apparently need to have a certain number of posts in order to post links so here they are the old fashioned way. Just copy to your address bar if you want to look.

outside

"i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/jcklecka987/witness/2011-04-07171358.jpg"

inside

"i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/jcklecka987/witness/2011-04-07171234.jpg"

This being my first post I'd like to start off by saying hi. I have been looking in to get a witness for a while now and have read through this forum a lot for info.

Finally took the plunge and ordered one online Monday, and it arrived at the gun shop today. Got it home and started inspecting it more thoroughly and what at first appeared to be a surface blemish on the right side of the frame started to look more and more like a crack to me. Took the slide off and found what looked to be a crack on the inside of the frame in almost the exact same spot, only slightly lower. Don't know if I'm just being paranoid so I figured I'd get some further opinions before having to exchange it or send it on warranty and turning my relatively inexpensive purchase into a moderately expensive one with additional shipping and transfer fees. Just in case there are any question there are zero rounds through this gun.

Thanks in advance

Pics

Well you apparently need to have a certain number of posts in order to post links so here they are the old fashioned way. Just copy to your address bar if you want to look.

outside

"i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/jcklecka987/witness/2011-04-07171358.jpg"

inside

"i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/jcklecka987/witness/2011-04-07171234.jpg"

Your links are bad. My advice is to mail slide to EAA pronto with a copy of your sales receipt and a note explaining what you see. It will cost you $4.95 flat rate priority mail. They will return a new slide with a free magazine for your inconvenience. Don't waste time. Get it in the mail pronto.

Edited by jerryg22