Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Magic trigger kit

JohnRodriguez

I've had a couple peaple send me a e-mail trying to get a hold of Vic Picketts Phone # to buy one of his Black Magic trigger kits. His # is (480) 834-3107. As far as getting a really good trigger job, send your gun to S&W Performance Center and have them to a action job (cost around $130) and put one of Vic's kits in and you'll have a easy 5lb that's realiable. anybody who has pulled the trigger on his gun, or my gun will tell you they are unreal.

the kit includes the main spring and one long rebound spring and one short rebound spring, the three springs are cryo treated and Vic sells them for around $45, but you'll need to ask him.

I have around 15000 round thu my 8-shot 38super with the first kit I got, and haven't had any problems with it and I run it at 5.5 lb trigger pull, Vic has a lot more rounds tru his super, and runs his at 4.5lbs. I usually have a couple spare kits in my range bag, but end up selling them at local matches here in New Mexico.

Shoepop just bought several kits and if he can install them in his guns and make them run with no problem, then anybody can make them work ( sorry Mark, I'll see you in Deming this weekend)

Thanks much for words of confidence Johnny !!!! Really John is correct, Vic's kits are easy to install and with basic action work preformed by 'ME' Johnny I'm @ a smooth reliable 6#'s with the long rebound spring. I tried both Wolff and Miculek before Vic's. Ordered 4 kits and installed in my revolvers. John is responsible for converting me 'PARTIALLY' from having to go around being know as a " bottom feeder" . Still debating if I should buy him a beer or smack him with a club for that.

Does anyone know what the difference is in Vic's kits and Jerry Miculek's kits? I have Miculeks but my pulls are between 6 3/4lbs and 7 lbs. They are smooth but if Vics can help me drop it a half lb. or more I would get them. So, why are they so good?

Thanks,

Bob

Does anyone know what the difference is in Vic's kits and Jerry Miculek's kits? I have Miculeks but my pulls are between 6 3/4lbs and 7 lbs. They are smooth but if Vics can help me drop it a half lb. or more I would get them. So, why are they so good?

Thanks,

Bob

From above:

"the kit includes the main spring and one long rebound spring and one short rebound spring, the three springs are cryo treated and Vic sells them for around $45, but you'll need to ask him."

The springs are cryo treated, which is a super freezing method I have heard used on barrels. Not sure what it does to springs. FWIW, I use the wolff ribbed springs and can easily get 6.5# DA pulls which are glass smooth on my guns firing all ammo, and below 6# if I only used soft primer ammo.

IMHO, dropping the DA pull from 6.5 to 6 or even to 5.5 is not really noticable on a wheelgun, it's the smoothness of the pull that is what makes it feel light and easy to shoot. Maybe that's just me.