Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q: height of the stock front sight on a 625 JM

S391

Can anyone tell me the height of the stock front sight on a S&W 625 JM? I'm looking to buy a new FO front sight and I want to make sure I get the correct size.

Thanks in advance.

Look at the front of your barrel and see if you have a hole under the front sight...If you do you should be able to slip it straight back and lift your sight out. You can buy a replacement from SDM It will be the .300 sight.

Edited by GlockCanMan

Look at the front of your barrel and see if you have a hole under the front sight...If you do you should be able to slip it straight back and lift your sight out. You can buy a replacement from SDM It will be the .300 sight.

Thanks. I knew it had the quick change ability but I didn't know what height I needed to order. What would happen if I ordered the .250?

Lower FS for shooting low, higher FS for shooting high. The rear sight on a S&W revo only has about .040 adjustment before it's at the top of the screw. Ideally, you want it about .010 to .025 up off the step on the frame.

My JM came with a .250 gold bead patridge. It wasn't a fan of a .209 hiviz I put in it, but it never minded the .250 with factory ball and whatever reload guestimations I put through it. XS tritiums are like .275 and my JM is currently wearing one. .300 sounds high to me.

Anybody know who makes a serrated black patridge .250 classic/dx sight?

Don't know about SERRATED, but Jack Weigand makes a .250 Patridge Front Sight that fits the Classic/DX Sight Base...I think Midway USA sells 'em...also check w/Toolguy, he may make 'em too...HTH....mikey357

No.343 has it right. For an additional $5.00 I can make a serrated black F/S. That would be $45 + $5 shipping. I will add that to my vendor forum. I make both classic and pin on.

Edited by Toolguy

An easier way to think about it:

The bullet moves WITH the rear sight and AGAINST the front sight. So if you want the bullet to move up, either move your rear sight up or your front sight down. Same for windage.

Matt

Thanks. I spent 15 years shooting sporting clays so I never had to worry about sights.......