Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I found a new patented hardcoating.

My machinist in Illinios found a new hardcoating for stainless dies for a machine I sell. The stuff is expensive and unbelievably hard and thin. We put it on a punch die over stainless and we basically don't have to replace it anymore. Very hard, very thin, very cool. It comes out a frosted black. If there is any interest, I will call my guy and see if I can get the hardening shop info for ya'll. LMK

Please do. Do you have any pictures? Or an approximate price for a gun, if this is the intended purpose?

I don't have pictures or pricing. It is used on stainless dies for meat processing, so stands up to daily acid washing. I have to talk to my guy soon so I'll get as much info as I can. I believe the hardening shop is in IL too. All I really know is that it is new, patented, thin enough to not throw die dimentions off, highly protected by the treatment shop, and it works!

I'll see if my guy can work us a deal. What parts would you guys want treated so I have a good arsenal of answers for the guy?

You might also find out what temps are involved during application. If it's too high you can destroy the heat treat condition of your gun. I'd also be interested in pics.

Will do!

I'll be at the shop tomorrow for a meeting on my way to Wisconsin. (From Detroit, it's gonna suck!)