Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P Question

oldtrooper

The Pro has a different slide profile which is slightly heavier, comes with FO front sight, and Performance Center trigger. When I was deciding between the two I chose the 9L and added Apex components and plan on Ameriglo sights, very happy with my decision.

Edited by U.Duck

The Pro has a different slide profile which is slightly heavier, comes with FO front sight, and Performance Center trigger. When I was deciding between the two I chose the 9L and added Apex components and plan on Ameriglo sights, very happy with my decision.

As far as the trigger being different, the sear is the only different part.

As U.Duck said, it is cheaper and smarter to get the L and upgrade it, since you will likely change the sights and put Apex components in after trying them. I wish I would have bought that model.

As U.Duck said, it is cheaper and smarter to get the L and upgrade it, since you will likely change the sights and put Apex components in after trying them. I wish I would have bought that model.

Are you sure your information is up to date? Budsgunshop has the 5" pro and the M&P9L for the exact same price. I have not been able to find the 9L for less money than the pro in online stores, and the 9L is hard to find in stock anywhere. I would by the pro given that the price is identical to the 9L online. If you find a 9L in stock somewhere local for less, buy it.

Are you sure your information is up to date? Budsgunshop has the 5" pro and the M&P9L for the exact same price. I have not been able to find the 9L for less money than the pro in online stores, and the 9L is hard to find in stock anywhere. I would by the pro given that the price is identical to the 9L online. If you find a 9L in stock somewhere local for less, buy it.

That's why I bought the pro from buds. I went with dropping my gun off to burwell gunsmithing instead of putting apex parts in.

I ordered a 9L and it only took 2-3 days to arrive.

The weight difference is negligible to the point of being completely irrelevant.

With that being said, if you want a gun you can take out of the box and go shoot a match the same day, the Pro is a great choice. If you're going to replace the fire control parts and sights anyway and can find the 9L cheaper, it's a no-brainer.

Edited by Pro2AInPA