Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member hello from So. Fla.

Accelerator

As a long time member on various other forums, the BE forum has come up in conversation many times as a very professional and informative resource. My passion is guns, specifically the 1911 platform, but I will shoot anything that has a trigger and goes bang. That being said, my primary interest lies in the technical aspects of firearms, smith work and functionality. I guess this would make sense since I am a mechanical engineer and lifelong shooter.

I am very interested in getting into reloading as the price and availability of the .45 ACP round is dictating that I do. I shoot many other calibers, but they don't seem to be as expensive or hard to find as the .45. That being said, while researching Dillon reloading components, it brought me back here, and as mentioned previously, I had heard such good things about the BE forum, I decided to join. I have alot to offer in the way of guns and shooting discussions, but hope that fellow forum members can teach me about those items that I am just learning about now.

I hope this is the beginning to a very fruitful and informative/entertaining relationship!

Accelerator

Edited by Accelerator

Grumpy one, nice to see a little levity. Thanks for the welcome! I see that you are relatively local, what's your MO? I have been planning a statewide tour of some of our local ranges and manufacturers and always looking to add new spots. What do you have in the Gainsville area? I was planning on stopping by KAC and also Spikes when I was up that way and would like to conect as many stop as possible before I head back South again.

Grumpy one, nice to see a little levity. Thanks for the welcome! I see that you are relatively local, what's your MO? I have been planning a statewide tour of some of our local ranges and manufacturers and always looking to add new spots. What do you have in the Gainsville area? I was planning on stopping by KAC and also Spikes when I was up that way and would like to conect as many stop as possible before I head back South again.

Gainesville is a desert as far as shooting is concerned. We have two local ranges (one indoor, one outdoor), neither holds a USPSA match, although the indoor has a Wednesday night steel/pin shoot. The closest actual match to Gainesville is one in St. Augustine and one in Fernandina Beach (Jacksonville). There is also a sometimes shoot in Williston (which is actually closer than either of the other two), but it seems I'm never around when they do their match.

Gainesville is a desert as far as shooting is concerned. We have two local ranges (one indoor, one outdoor), neither holds a USPSA match, although the indoor has a Wednesday night steel/pin shoot. The closest actual match to Gainesville is one in St. Augustine and one in Fernandina Beach (Jacksonville). There is also a sometimes shoot in Williston (which is actually closer than either of the other two), but it seems I'm never around when they do their match.

Hmmm, I had higher hopes for that area, oh well. I spent a year working in Daytona and the surrounding areas, and there were quite a few gun shops and indoor ranges, so I naturally assumed..............I know that the Ocala National Forest has a good range, or at least did, but I guess that's not really G-ville. We do a lot of class 3 stuff down here in Miami, but have to drive a ways to get out of town to reach the various ranges. Thanks for the welcome and the correspondance, it's always nice to see shooters from one's home state.

Actually, there are two clubs in St Augustine, one in Jacksonville, and one close to Daytona.

The Fernandina Club (SEPSA) shoots on the second Sat. SAPSA in St Augustine shoots on the third Sat. Both the Ancienty City club in St Augustine and the Volusia club in Daytona area shoot on the fourth Sat.