Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SCSA Rule-interpretation about Iron Sight Revo ....

Stefano

Hi Guys,

please, I would like to have a clarification about SCSA provisional Rulebook.

(I've already asked to the SCSA headquarter, but no answer arrived at the moment ...).

My question is about Iron Sight Revolver Division:

- SCSA provisional Rulebook says: " ...7 & 8 shot revolvers are permitted and may load to full capacity ..."

- USPSA Handgun Rulebook says: " ... there isn't a max.capacity limit, BUT it's possible to fire a max.of 6 rounds before reload ..."

So, my understanding is that - during a Steel Challenge Match - competitors are allowed to load at full capacity their 7/8 shot REVO, but they are anyway obliged to make a reload after the 6th round fired; correct ?

Thanks for your help.

Stefano

2 different rule books kids, shoot all 8 in SCSA, shoot 6 and have to reload or be bumped to Open in USPSA.

NOW !!! this is how it's been done up to now, who know's how they'll screw it up in the future.

SCSA and USPSA are different games, I for one hope they leave it that way.

Hi Guys,

please, I would like to have a clarification about SCSA provisional Rulebook.

(I've already asked to the SCSA headquarter, but no answer arrived at the moment ...).

My question is about Iron Sight Revolver Division:

- SCSA provisional Rulebook says: " ...7 & 8 shot revolvers are permitted and may load to full capacity ..."

- USPSA Handgun Rulebook says: " ... there isn't a max.capacity limit, BUT it's possible to fire a max.of 6 rounds before reload ..."

So, my understanding is that - during a Steel Challenge Match - competitors are allowed to load at full capacity their 7/8 shot REVO, but they are anyway obliged to make a reload after the 6th round fired; correct ?

Thanks for your help.

Stefano

The rule book is still in draft as you said so it's not truly official yet but in the past, it's always been legal to load up a revolver to capacity and shoot all the rounds. In USPSA, it's only six shots. I just got my Revo classification and it was hard to not shoot those last two shots out of my 627.