Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Simple Reloading Log

pops1982

Looks good,..

the only thing I would add is firearm info (make,model,SN etc.) if you have more than one lets say a .45 the chrono results may be different from pistol to pistol also maybe a space for a group size or just a NOTES:

For instance I have a 1911 .45ACP with a stock 5" barrel and a 5 1/2" compensated barrel also fitted to it... same load, different results..

John

Looks good,..

the only thing I would add is firearm info (make,model,SN etc.) if you have more than one lets say a .45 the chrono results may be different from pistol to pistol also maybe a space for a group size or just a NOTES:

For instance I have a 1911 .45ACP with a stock 5" barrel and a 5 1/2" compensated barrel also fitted to it... same load, different results..

John

Thanks for the input but for me I dont need the shot grouping data because I cant be as accurate shooting a match as the gun/load can. But the data on the gun/barrel is important. How this? Any more suggestions?

log rev1.pdf

Adding group size or accuracy rating might help down the line. If you want to go back to a previously tried reload it would be good to know that it is either accurate or not. I rate accuracy from 1-5 and include that in a spreadsheet along with gun shot in. Hardly ever reload any that rate a 3 in accuracy.

I could see the grouping thing if I was bench rest shooting at long distances but I've never shot a load that didn't drive nails as long as I aimed and had good trigger control at distances of 30 yds or so like you would see at a match. And when I shoot a match the aiming and trigger control goes out the window while the speed goes up. I must work on this. Making myself go slow enough so i can do everything properly is really hard for me.

Agree with hitman. Use excel or open office freeware and set your data up in a spreadsheet format. It will be much easier to use and access old data. I always include a column for notes which, for me, is most important since it often seems like I need to add a little sidenote that I can't capture in the data fields.

I use Rob's Reloading Organizer http://www.robsoft.nu/rro3_en/default.asp It has everything you could possibly ever want. You can download it and try it for thirty days and then decide if you want to keep it. I liked it enough to pop for the full version. It was around $35 if I remember right. You can back it up to a thumb drive also.

Edited by Marv Z