Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian hi-cap frame owners, I need your help

waktasz

Could someone measure the front of the trigger guard (square trigger guard models only) with a caliper and let me know how wide it is?

Mine measures 2.03mm but the holster company I am dealing with says it should be 3mm. My race holster does not fit because of this measurement. I'm trying to determine if my triggerguard has been modified somehow.

Thanks!

DAA Racemaster.

I bought this gun used...I guess someone did something with the trigger guard to thin it out before I got it. 2.3 is thin. It fits tightly in a Safariland holster for a 6" 1911 though. Too tightly sometimes actually. I have problems with it hanging up on the draw lots of times.

DSC00587.JPG

Edited by waktasz

beautiful looking blaster dude

the caspians are hard to holster shop for, most stuff is made for the sti's

I use the old pinned ghost holster, once you get past drilling another hole in your gun, it's as fast as anything out there, and very secure.

The Racemaster has an insert specifically for the Caspian square trigger guard, and also an insert for my M&P, which is the main reason I got it, to have one holster that does double duty. Looks like my trigger guard is out of spec somehow. Very sad because it works awesome with the M&P. I won't be keeping it if it can't work on this gun though.

Edited by waktasz

I've got a Racemaster on order with the Caspian block. I looked at your pic above and compared to a pic I have on my phone of my frame. Yours sure looks thinner by a good bit. But, it's hard to tell with two different pictures. I'll measure the thickness of mine when I get home.

DAA Racemaster.

I bought this gun used...I guess someone did something with the trigger guard to thin it out before I got it. 2.3 is thin. It fits tightly in a Safariland holster for a 6" 1911 though. Too tightly sometimes actually. I have problems with it hanging up on the draw lots of times.

DSC00587.JPG

I'm starting to wonder if I'm screwed.

I'm going to try to test on my friend's CR Speed holster but I'm not sure if his is a Glock model or the universal.

I'm not sure that you're screwed just yet. The 3.0 mm number and the 2.3mm number is only .0275" different.

Since mine is finished in ceracoat there is some film thickness on both surfaces that I was measuring, if you account for that my frame is going to be within a few thousanths of yours, but still probably a touch thicker.

I'd bet the 3 mm number is the just a rounded off number that the holster manufacturer uses. Hope it works out for you.

I don't think the cerakote really adds more than a thousandth or two. I'm waiting to hear back from Saul. He's been great to work with so far, but if my gun is way out of spec it will be hard for him to get me up and running considering our locations.

Thanks for the help :)

The tape was just a proof of concept. I was considering exactly what you said, but I think I am actually getting a replacement locking insert from DAA instead. I will update the thread once I get it settled one way or another.

Edited by waktasz