Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel Training AAR

spanky

Double Impact Training – March 5-6, 2011 – New Iberia, LA

Instructors – Max Michel & Blake Miguez (In place of Travis Tomasie who was out due to Army obligations.)

What an excellent two day training class this was. We had a very wide variety of shooters from novices with only a handful of matches under their belts to shooters who have been in the game for 10+ years.

I won’t go into the ins and outs of everything that we talked about since this thread would be way too long if I did but just a synopsis.

We first covered safety, q&a, intros, etc. The normal first day stuff. Blake and Max worked seamlessly with us on covering draw, grip, stance, etc etc.

Naturally draw, grip, stance, etc would work quite fluidly into further drills and discussions.

Topics covered include Recoil Management, Reloads, Target Awareness & Acquisition, Baracades/Ports/Walls, etc., Strong & Weak hand, Movement between positions, shooting on the move, etc.

The class was endlessly informative. I have taken several classes but this was the second that I have taken that focused on speed shooting and the first that focused on competitive speed shooting.

The grip that Max teaches is greater than shoulder width, weak side foot forward with an aggressive forward lean with about 70% weight on the balls of your feet. This stance translates perfectly for recoil control but also is great for leaning around corners/ports, exiting positions, etc and also is easy to set up when entering positions.

We covered a lot more than I have listed but just suffice to say that this class was well worth every penny according to everyone that I spoke with.

And now some pictures;

5505902571_8f0c274996_z.jpg

5506499022_8f4b48ab29_z.jpg

5505903655_cd4778907c_z.jpg

5505905383_2aa25c9e78_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

I took a class from Max and Travis last year in KY. I see you had one thing we did not, SUNSHINE!! Ours was a great class, taught by two fine gentlemen who are a credit to the sport.