Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Man with a slow hand

furyalecto

Please give me any constructive criticism or any thoughts on how I can improve.

1st Stage best of the match. I thought I did OK on that one.

2nd stage I flubbed a shot on the swinger and missed the 2nd steel twice. I am working on seeing my sights for every shot on every stage.

3rd stage Slow shots.

4th Stage I flubbed a couple of shots on the 3rd target to the left. I picked them up after shooting the 4th target, but I wasted time by not calling my shot & looking at the 3rd target just after engaging the 4th target making my hits on the 4th target worse. I need to work on off balance shots. Uncalled foot fault. I thought I might have pulled it back in time, but I didn't.
I threw a D on the first shot strong hand.

5th Stage was a disaster. I was trying to shoot faster than I could. I thought I had pulled the trigger for a second shot on the 1st swinger & then missed with a late second shot on the second swinger. I needed to explode out of the chair rather than oozing out of it.

6th stage. Slow shots. Missed a shot. I was tense & jerked my head down with extra wasted motion on the reload. Got to keep the head up for the reload.

I am a slow shooter. My splits are ponderous. My transitions are sedentary. I have been doing a lot of dry fire and I am getting better very slowly. I was trying to push it a little bit above my comfort level in this match.

Finished 1st of 14 in Limited & 9th of 66 overall. Low B shooter.

At a quick glance it seem like you are indexing between targets mostly by pivoting at your shoulders. It is faster to pivot at your knee level to keep gun sights aligned to your eye.

When moving, keep your gun at the eye level, so you won't lose time on bringing it up.

Keep shorter paces when shooting on the move and can also bring gun bit closer to reduce rocking of the body.

On stage 4 when leaving from the left side, you could step out of the shooting area to push yourself harder to direction where you were moving. Helps to keep with explosiveness of transitions between positions.

Edited by euxx

Stage 1 does look pretty good. The last position makes me curious. It seems that one target was visible going into the last position and you needed to shoot it sooner on the move coming in.

Stage 2 It seems you could have shot the popper and then the two targets on the right and then the swinger. If is was not there at that time there were other things to shoot to the left. This saves a big transittion.

Hard to say more about your plan without seeing the stage.

I am working on my draw. It does need a couple 10,000 reps.

I will have to try indexing at the knees.

On stage 4 there was a board the chair sat on with the fault lines at angles on top of it. With my agility stepping beyond it may have been dicey. :lol:

Stage 1 I should have shot the middle target coming in sooner. I was bobbling the gun a bit & didn't have a good sight picture on the way in so I didn't take it earlier.

Stage 2 I definitely should have shot it as you stated. That was my intended plan. I saw the swinger come available as I was coming off the 1st paper & I deviated from the plan. The shooter before me had waited an extra swing for lost time & I was thinking about that rather than sticking to my plan of attack.

I think you could have shot the first array on the third stage in the opposite order and backed out on the head shots as they looked close. It might have saved a little time.