Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from south Texas

W84sights

Hey y'all, been lurking for awhile. The amount of info here is amazing. Rediscovered how much I enjoy shooting handguns a few months ago and now want to check out the competition side of the game, bought gear and practicing some. There looks to be a lot of matches in the San Antonio area, thinking bulverde this Sunday, any advice for a rookie from the local shooters.

Hey y'all, been lurking for awhile. The amount of info here is amazing. Rediscovered how much I enjoy shooting handguns a few months ago and now want to check out the competition side of the game, bought gear and practicing some. There looks to be a lot of matches in the San Antonio area, thinking bulverde this Sunday, any advice for a rookie from the local shooters.

Come on out to Alpha Mike this Sunday as Don Hardy always says it is the most friendly bunch of shooters in the country. Bring 200 rounds of ammo, holster, gun, mag pouches, and $20. At the shooters meeting just raise you hand when they call for new shooters.

If you want to be instantly popular just be at the gate at 8 am, bring some work gloves and help us set up the match. You will learn a lot and get to meet all the set up crew, plus save $10 on the entry fee.

Ladies shoot free so bring one or two.

Edited by CocoBolo

Coastal Bend Shooters are putting on a big match April 3rd.

http://www.cbshooters.com/cbc.html

I posted your match on http://www.sahooter.com we promte all South Texas Shooting clubs and sports. The Costal Bend shooters are a good bunch of folks and put on a good match.

Now back to the thread - I'll be at Alpha Mike so if you need a mentor come see me. If you want a jump start and I will say that this club is the most new shooter friendly in the state American Aciton Shooting is holding a Fun Shoot at Bullet Hole Range on Saturday, about 150 rds and 5 stages, mix of steel and coroplast targets. I'll be at that one as well.

Wish I could make the one Saturday , couldn't change appointment. I will probably get to bullethole later that evening. Got some 147 grain MGs rolled up on the dillon, that thing is addicting on it's own. Thanks for the tip on the third, think I will be working that weekend. Wish I could make it, maybe I could talk Benny into finishing my gun..