Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just the right size... for 38 short colt

westczek

I just wanted to share my new North Mountain moon clip holder with everyone. It has short posts just tall enough to double stack 38 short colt. Since I use a S&W 686 the posts had to be turned down with a lathe (done by Bob at the factory).

It is about an inch short than the original standard unit I have been using for the last two season. I mounted in in the middle of the Tek-Lok hangers, about 3/4 inch above and below the CR Speed belt. It makes it a little easier to pull the moon clips off the posts, especially the bottom moon clip. It also makes bending and squating less ackward. But most of all, it looks nice and trim.

Enjoy the picture of Bob Perdue's (http://www.4wheelguns.com/) excellent work. The photography was done by my daughter.

The gun in the photo, a 4 inch S&W 686 has been riding in my range bag as backup since last summer. It may get a chance to play this year. I usually shoot a 6 inch, but wondered what it would be like shooting the 4 inch. The trigger is not as light, but good enough for me. It also goes along with the theme... shorter.

Westczek

post-5340-015042400 1300057721_thumb.jpg

Edited by westczek

Grrreat now I have to play against two pop gun shooters!

Yes, he is making power factor with those cases.

John....400 gr bullets and magnum primers ought to get it done. I'll bring a squirt gun to moisten the targets so your bullets don't just dent and drop. New squad position...bullet picker..put bins at the bases of the target stands..now you get it all back but the powder and entry fee. :roflol:

I may be interested in one for the .40 as I can almost stack three on the conventional short post.

Edited by Forrest Halley

Forrest,

Powder, what powder? I don't need no stinking powder. No, really they make power factor. I call it 9 mm rimmed, 158 grn bullet, 3.6 grns solo 1000 and a tight tapper crimp at 1.10 in OAL. Velocity 800-825 fps. If you're going to shot minor, you might as well shot minor.

Westczek

Since I use a S&W 686 the posts had to be turned down with a lathe (done by Bob at the factory).

Bob makes so many wonderful things in his factory!

Here's a rare video of Bob taking a group of guests on a tour:

Edited by Carmoney

I don't have any of those brutes. I don't think it would be long enough, but I see if I can try a couple at the match Sunday. There is a standard order short post version made for 45 acp only. The longer version is needed for 38 special.

Westczek

I don't have any of those brutes. I don't think it would be long enough, but I see if I can try a couple at the match Sunday. There is a standard order short post version made for 45 acp only. The longer version is needed for 38 special.

Westczek

Brutes? Just because some folks like a little muzzle rise and have gotten over capgun syndrome....Haha. I think your shortcolt posts would still hold a .45 but it might be a little iffy. See you Sunday Mike, although it looks like they're sticking Bob and I in the PM squad.