Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Solutions Glock .22 Caliber Conversion

LPatterson

Has anyone received theirs yet? Has anyone even seen one other than Shot Show? I ordered one by phone as soon as I heard they were going to make them. A call yesterday confirmed they know my name (caller ID?) and said they had my order and it should ship around July. So is it better than AA?

I work for a very large FFL, and we have been quoted an expected delivery day of late summer. When I spoke with the Tac Sol reps at SHOT, they weren't expecting them to ship until winter 2011. I ordered one of their 1911 22 conversions for myself a few years ago, and ended up waiting over 6 months. I got tired of waiting, and ordered one from a Gunbroker seller, arrived in 3 days. They make a great product, but they take forever to deliver product. I am starting to suspect they only have 1 CNC machine, and crank out 1 item per day. I also know they are perfectionists, so they won't release a product until it is 100%.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine in today. Had it on backorder for a couple months through MidwayUSA. It has the threaded barrel and I'm running it with an AAC Element.

So far it's a trainwreck. Constant malfs, 99% are magazine/feeding related.

Looks like I'll be keeping my CZ Kadet after all.

So is it better than AA?

Nope, vaporware can never be as good as the product that is available. :devil:

All kidding aside. I had purchased an AA kit just prior to the 2010 SHOT Show. When I played with the TacSol conversion I had planned on selling the AA kit and picking up the Tac Sol.

When I got home I just happened to take my nephew shooting and ran the AA kit. It ran like a champ with the recommended Remington ammo and has seen a few more thousand trouble free rounds since. As it turns out the AA kit functions great and I see no reason to trade it out.

Got mine about 2 months ago but only have 350 rounds through it. TactSol says the break in period is about 500 rounds. I'm using CCI mini-mag.

I had a lot of FTF's initially, but in the last 150 rounds it's getting much better. Last 3 magazines (15 rounds) I had only 2 FTF's. 5 light strikes, but after talking with tech support they sent me a different pair of spring cups for the firing pin. We'll see what happens over the next 200 rounds, but it seems like there really is a break in period for their conversion.

I do like that the Tactical Solutions conversion is a little heavier than the AA. I don't know the exact weight difference though.

I been running an AA on my 21 for 2 years 100% reliable on cci mini mags not so on rem. I only use it my box stock lower,not really reliable on my 21 ipsc lower. the mags took a little time with sand paper and Mag Slick on the followers to run smooth. looking for small frame kit now.