Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultrasonic Case Cleaner to clean BCG and ?

DMAC

Hornady is now making a larger ultrasonic case cleaner and I've thought about it for other uses such as cleaning AR complete BCG, shotgun bolt, M&P and Glock frames and barrels.

I realize you still need to clean the inside of the pistol barrel, but I was wondering if this would help minimizing the scrubbing/cleaning time of smaller parts.

Anyone out there use an ultrasonic cleaner for these things?

Edited by DMAC

HAd an ultrasonic cleaner for a few years.

When cleaning handguns etc, I tend to disassemble and clean of majority of heavy residue with Kerosine and a tooth brush, preferably someone elses. A full clean is then performed with Hoppes or similar, sometimes when in a hurry out with the brake clean.

Once it looks really clean then into the Ultrasonic, filled with Kerosine, 30minutes. The Kero will turn black real fast as the last of the powder residue falls out. Oil the hell out of it. I also like to get SLide Glide intot eh inner workings, this will keep the residue softer for longer and help with general reliability.

Store Kero in good fuel container and the crap will settle to the bottom and you can continually reuse the top 90%. Once a month throw the bottom 10% away.