Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bulletfeeder

So I finally got a bulletfeeder and yes, it rocks. I am having an issue though with it episodically dropping 2 or 3 bullets at a time. This is with .40 and it happens with both moly and JHPs, more so with the JHPs. The bulletdropper is nice and shiny clean.

Any suggestions??

Hello: Sounds like you may have it set a little too low so when it gets depressed it drops more than one bullet. I have one on my RL1050 and love it :cheers: If all else fails send Rick an e-mail and ask him. Leave a phone number and he will phone you back in the evening. He is a great guy. Thanks, Eric

Mine did that when I pushed a bullet through the outlet with a pencil...before a noticed that it has a little wire protrusion at the bottom of the outlet where it drops the bullets. I broke the bottom part and Rick sent me another.

• 7 months later...

I second the depth setting. I have mine set so that it drops about 1/2 bullet length so that the wire stopper has a chance to follow the ogive of the dropped bullet back in on the downstroke of the press and catch the bottom of the next bullet.

Randy

The only time that mine has dropped more than one bullet at a time was when I had the Collator set wrong and it was feeding bullets that were upside down.

Brian

+1

Adjust the collator in or out. Mine did the same thing when I started loading 40's.