Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lefty issues

Fishhog

I'll try to explain. Use the left index finger to push the cylinder release. The right thumb pushes the cylinder through the frame and tilts the muzzle up, pushing the ejector rod with the right index finger. While that's happening the left hand grabs and drops the reload, removing the right thumb from the frame window and closing the cylinder with the left palm while regripping and re-aiming to fire. It's harder to explain than it is to do, and I shot revolver for a long time forever ago and I found it worked well for me. Give it a try and play around with it. :)

I'll try to explain. Use the left index finger to push the cylinder release. The right thumb pushes the cylinder through the frame and tilts the muzzle up, pushing the ejector rod with the right index finger. While that's happening the left hand grabs and drops the reload, removing the right thumb from the frame window and closing the cylinder with the left palm while regripping and re-aiming to fire. It's harder to explain than it is to do, and I shot revolver for a long time forever ago and I found it worked well for me. Give it a try and play around with it. :)

Thanks for the tip,will surely give that a try. Who knows i might really like revovler division. Nice job on explaining it. :cheers:

See the article in recent article in Front Sight on lefty revo reloads?

I still use Ye olde thumb through the frame method on N frames but that is what works for me. (But I am a lowly C class revo shooter and I also did not finish second at last year's Nationals)

Another Dumb question, but is there such a thing as a lefthand/ambi magrelease for 1911 and/or 2011 pistols? I know alot have ambi-safetys, but I don't recall ever seeing the mag release.

Any one?? Bueller???? :roflol:

Another Dumb question, but is there such a thing as a lefthand/ambi magrelease for 1911 and/or 2011 pistols? I know alot have ambi-safetys, but I don't recall ever seeing the mag release.

Any one?? Bueller???? :roflol:

Jimmy Mitchell makes a left-handed (right side) mag release for 2011's - Manny Bragg & Shooters Connection I think both carry them (from a Lefty).