Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22lr Rifle build for Kids

SHELLFISH17

Me and several of my friends have kids getting to the age where we want them to start shooting. I have a 7 & 5 year old boys so I figure its time to get them going if they are safe and do what they are told. They do both of these very well, only problem was finding them a gun their size that they could grow with. So anyway, here is my build.

AR-22-2.jpg

I built it off my SBR reciever and I know not everyone has one and the people that do aren't going to use it for this but to me, it was a perfect fit since I don't like shooting short guns.

JP trigger kit with the 4.5lb springs, Its needed more for the rimfire ammo than they boys AD precaution

Troy mini grip

colt M4 4 position stock, he shoots it all the way in off hand and at the 1st position prone.

Model 1 sales 22 conversion kit for their barrels

Model 1 Sales 22lr 11" barrel, I had it thinned down to .700 the whole way

henning comp, modified

Clark carbon fiber handguard cut down to 8.5"

Aimpoint M2

There is no buffer or buffer spring or gas components.

The whole thing weighs 5.4 pounds with the aimpoint and 15round black dog mag or 4.5 pounds without those 2. It cost as much as an off the shelf AR-15 and is worth every bit of it to me.

Sheldon

Sweet. I've got a couple toys I've built/purchased for my boys (5&2)- can't wait to get them out to the range.

First is a Spikes Tactical .22 - similar to yours, but with the standard 16" barrel (some is recessed in the receiver so it appears to be 14.5) and a V-Tac rifle length handguard.

Second is a SBR'ed GSG-5pk. It's a little heavy though. I'm sending paperwork off this week on a .22 suppressor to use on both.

I'd also like to get a tube fed iron sighted rifle to start them out on.