Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Understanding the classifier system

Strick

I understand how it works, for the most part, but I am wondering how today will effect my classification. I do not have 8 yet, I only have 7 2 of which are duplicates. I shot one last week and 2 today so that will give me my 8. I have my initial classification currently as B but the 2 I shot today............well were pretty bad. One was a 49% and the other was really bad, 15%.

By my calculations the 5 I already have, plus the 3 that will show up next month will give me 8. Dropping the 15% and a 23% (from 2 years ago) will still keep me at B.

My question is.....Is that how it will work?

And another wrinkle to my question....

What happens if after you shoot your first 4 to get the initial classification then 2 months later you shoot 4 more and the average of the best 6 is actually a class lower?

Of course this wouldn't be a question if I didn't fubar the classifier today. :D

What happens if after you shoot your first 4 to get the initial classification then 2 months later you shoot 4 more and the average of the best 6 is actually a class lower?

Your classification won't change but your percentage will.

This is right from the rulebook it might help you understand it better:

After a member has earned a classification, the classification system will look at

the best six unduplicated scores of the most recent eight to evaluate the member’s

current classification percentage.

No scores that calculate to less than 2 percent are used. Also, to prevent unusually

low scores from affecting your classification percentage, scores that are more

than 5 percent below your classification bracket (e.g. a score of 34.99% for a Cclass

competitor) are not used for classification purposes. To guard against the

possibility of incorrect stage setup or typographical error, scores that are more

than 15 percent above your current classification bracket are evaluated at the time

of entry to see if such a score would adversely affect your classification. In general,

those scores are entered, but occasionally a score is so out of the ordinary it

is not used and flagged with an A.

I was just wondering how that is applied to the initial classification, before they can use the best 6. I ask because I am a B now and they are still using a 23% score so that would be well outside the 5% below your classification.

The 23% will stay until you have 6 scores above 55%. This will even include the current 23% classifier stage. You could shoot it tomorrow and unless you shoot better than 55% on that specific classifier the 23% will still count as part of your classification. This means that shooting it with a 54.9% will not replace the prior 23% because it as a new score it is below the 55% threshold for B class.

That confuses me even more, I guess I will just wait and see how they do it in a couple of weeks.

These are what they are using now (rounded off)newest to oldest. I also have to that are duplicates

3 that are not showing yet are newest to oldest.