Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium Cylinders

Forrest Halley

Hello: Then if the revolver was chambered for 45 then it should be legal. It would be like shooting a 10mm and using 40S&W in your model 610 or is that not legal also? I will be shooting SSR locally with my 45AR 625. If IDPA wants more revolver shooters then they should welcome us and maybe allow a 5" revolver also again :devil: Thanks, Eric

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about IDPA rules no clubs in this area, but there is one starting up so I might shoot some soon, took a look at the page you linked, Wish I had a 610, but it looks like I could shoot 45 GAP as my guns have 45 CAL not 45 ACP.

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about IDPA rules no clubs in this area, but there is one starting up so I might shoot some soon, took a look at the page you linked, Wish I had a 610, but it looks like I could shoot 45 GAP as my guns have 45 CAL not 45 ACP.

If you've got a four inch barrel I'd say have at it. They used the word "caliber" in the rulebook which according to Merriam-Webster's means:

Definition of CALIBER

1a : degree of mental capacity or moral quality b : degree of excellence or importance

2a : the diameter of a bullet or other projectile b : the diameter of a bore of a gun usually expressed in hundredths or thousandths of an inch and typically written as a decimal fraction <.32 caliber>

3: the diameter of a round or cylindrical body; especially : the internal diameter of a hollow cylinder

Nothing here referring to the chambering of a firearm, only the bore diameter. So all the printed exceptions are moot expenditure of ink.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this was mentioned in past threads but not here...

I have an all factory 340PD with ti cylinder and when shooting/reloading fast it seems that extraction of empties gets more difficult. (came close to punching holes in my hand trying to extract) Without rapid firing and reloading I don't have any extraction issues.

I think this was mentioned in past threads but not here...

I have an all factory 340PD with ti cylinder and when shooting/reloading fast it seems that extraction of empties gets more difficult. (came close to punching holes in my hand trying to extract) Without rapid firing and reloading I don't have any extraction issues.

I am finding that it all depends on the powder used for the load, how much pressure is exerted on the case, and how much you are shooting the gun between cleanings of the cylinder.

For example in my 646 .40 caliber, a major load of clays behind a 165 gr bullet sticks in the cylinder at extraction causing much grief to extract, but a major load of bluedot does not stick at extraction. This is true from initial loading of a clean cylinder to infinity even with nickel plated cases.

When my 610 is fired in competition I am able to get reliable and easy extraction from clean cylinder to about 70 or 80 rounds. Before that point I swab my cylinders with a tornado brush and finish with a cotton bore mop. Good to go for another interval.