Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My LnL review and some Mods I made.

I just attached a felt pad to the bottom of the V block, ending right at the notch of the V. The tips of the V extend above the shellplate so you don't want it there. But WOW, the case now slides smooth as silk. I was not getting very many tipped cases at all but this is a improvement with out a doubt for 9mm.

I'm glad that it worked out for you. One nice thing is that you don't have to be terribly precise as the felt pad will mold to the appropriate shape with use. It does pick up dirt though, so it isn't super pretty but it sure works well.

Here are some photos for those who prefer to see what we're talking about.

lnl_felt_1.jpg

lnl_felt_2.jpg

Sometimes (1-100) they would bounce off the ram or worse barely catch the v-block and get pushed toward the shellplate but not all the way in. It’s super easy to fix if you see it but I don’t like watching anything but the powder drop. I tried all kinds of adjustments but nothing solved the issue. Longer cases don’t have this issue because they stay up in the drop tube further. 9mm is the worst. So I designed a little shield to keep them from going anywhere but right in front of the V-block. It was simple to make and I have not had a single issue since using it. No more tipped cases, no more cases hitting the floor. Just perfect every time. Here are a couple pictures.

I find the shield is not necessary after you adjust the timing of the cam that controls when the cases drop down that tube.... they should only drop right at the very top of the stroke. Too early and the V-block may not be completely out of the way, and the gap will also be too large. It took me a little bit to figure out what was really going on there, as it doesn't happen much...

Sometimes (1-100) they would bounce off the ram or worse barely catch the v-block and get pushed toward the shellplate but not all the way in. It’s super easy to fix if you see it but I don’t like watching anything but the powder drop. I tried all kinds of adjustments but nothing solved the issue. Longer cases don’t have this issue because they stay up in the drop tube further. 9mm is the worst. So I designed a little shield to keep them from going anywhere but right in front of the V-block. It was simple to make and I have not had a single issue since using it. No more tipped cases, no more cases hitting the floor. Just perfect every time. Here are a couple pictures.

I find the shield is not necessary after you adjust the timing of the cam that controls when the cases drop down that tube.... they should only drop right at the very top of the stroke. Too early and the V-block may not be completely out of the way, and the gap will also be too large. It took me a little bit to figure out what was really going on there, as it doesn't happen much...

Thats what Hornady said to do as well. The Drop tube is then touching the V Block when the case drops. I broke 2 decapping pins with cases not going into the shellplate properly.