Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness-P compact

Nealio

Finally got to the indoor range to try my new Witness-p compact out. I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it since it has the "standard" rounded slide. Plus there are tons of posts on the internet (from guys that have never shot one) saying how crappy they are..;)

Anyway, it shoots great. More importantly it feels just like my Limited (or Match), except a tad shorter.... and in polymer...

Shot pretty good groups considering its a compact and it was the first 150 rounds I put through the gun. Had 5 misfeeds in that 150, which was expected. She was a little tight and gritty feeling out of the box. Seems to be a little better after some range time, and I started doing my usual polishing to smooth it out.

Bottom line is (so far) I'm really happy with it. Hopefully she stays together.

- Nealio

Finally got to the indoor range to try my new Witness-p compact out. I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it since it has the "standard" rounded slide. Plus there are tons of posts on the internet (from guys that have never shot one) saying how crappy they are..;)

Anyway, it shoots great. More importantly it feels just like my Limited (or Match), except a tad shorter.... and in polymer...

Shot pretty good groups considering its a compact and it was the first 150 rounds I put through the gun. Had 5 misfeeds in that 150, which was expected. She was a little tight and gritty feeling out of the box. Seems to be a little better after some range time, and I started doing my usual polishing to smooth it out.

Bottom line is (so far) I'm really happy with it. Hopefully she stays together.

- Nealio

Does it use the same mags as the full size?

Does it use the same mags as the full size?

The compact takes 12 rounders, but they are still large frame mags. I used my new 21 round MecGar mags in it at the range mostly since it came with an "old style" front spacer jam-o-matic mag.

- Nealio