Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 3-Gun National Championship Point Series

Guys and gals please don't get me wrong. I think what Andy, the NRA, and 3 Gun Nation are all doing is great for the sport. I just wish we could all get more on the same page so we could make it easier for new shooters and the non shooting public in general to figure out how all this stuff works. I have been doing this for almost 2 years and I still don't have a clue what is going on. :wacko:

I started a year ago. Seems like perfect timing because lots of exciting things are happening in the sport. I'm a little confused too, but thats nothing new :huh: . I like where things are headed and its great to be a part of it while it all unfolds. Just make sure and speak slowly and aviod the use of large words for us slow people. :P

All a shooter has to do is compete in the matches to be enrolled in the point series. In order to be ranked, a shooter will have to complete three matches, but scores will be posted from each match.

Andy

I'd give them some time on the list. Based on the information in the profile, I am going to assume that the shooters had to provide their information. Some may have not gotten back to them yet, or changed sponsors etc. The list has several more people on it now that it did right at SHOT show time.

Mark is correct. Folks have to respond in order to be listed.

And have to be one of the Top Shooters -- so far this is a somewhat subjective assessment which I will accept blame for. Invitations were sent to everyone mentioned here and some others. A shooter must have won or finished well in more than one or two matches to be considered. I have been the top "old guy" at RM3G for a couple of years, but that doesn't qualify. I, and some others, looked at results from the past couple of years and drew on personal knowledge and experience.

I will not be entering into public discussions about who should or should not be on the list. My email address is well known if folks want to make the case for themselves or others -- AFH3G@YAHOO.COM . I will not respond to the PM section of this forum -- I rarely check it.

Jesse, Everyone who participates is quite a list and not in keeping with the purpose of listing the top shooters in the game.

Thank you all for your interest in the 3-Gun National Championship Point Series. We hope it will become a benchmark for 3-gun shooters throughout the country.

Andy

3GNCPS Sponsored by: DPMS and Adams Arms

• 2 months later...

Hornady joining with 3-Gun Nation to recognize their point series winners has overlapped the reason and purpose of the 3GNCPS. First of all, I would like to thank the folks who were willing to come together in trying to establish the 3GNCPS, as well as DPMS and Adams Arms. Secondly, thanks go out to Hornady for stepping up and sponsoring 3-Gun Nation's point series.

Due to the redundancy of the two series, we have decided to cancel the 3GNCPS. Take care, and have a great shooting season.