Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

165 gr minor load?

M-Bear

I have been shooting 180 gr out of my glocks for years. Yesterday I got a deal of 2K plated 165 gr for $25 a K. It was just to good to pass up. But now I need To load them. My current load is 180gr 3.5 gr tightgroup at 1.125 for IDPA. I haven't been having much luck with my searches. So what is your 165 gr minor load?

mellow.gif My old notes show a 4.1 grain Titegroup load with a 165 plated. Soft load in my G35. Ditched them after a match. The plated bullet didn't just tumble, is was more like a cartwheel. surprise.gif

Jim

Edited by Jman

Id do some small lot testing before I waste alot of primers and powder on them, If you have a drill press the do make pretty good sliding weights for texas and carolina rigged bass fishing rigs.

Keep a sharp eye out for bullet setback, inconsistent sizing makes getting the crimp set near impossible.

The plated bullet didn't just tumble, is was more like a cartwheel.

i have only loaded 165gr plated bullets....besides 45acp.....almost all of my minor loads (about 3000 rounds now) have never had issues. I hear a lot of people talk about bullets tumbling. Is it because your velocity was too high? Does someone have video? What is the general cause of this? I shoot them out of an xd.

art