Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

factory SLP mark1 competition model

fastarget

Doesn't show on the website, but the 24" barrel lists as 5 oz lighter than the 22" barrel. I'm betting it's not the same cantilever and probably is a vent rib.

The 24" is probably the same one thats been out for awhile and is a vent rib. Probably the same one that is used in the 3GN shoot offs. I have one...they can be ordered through FN.

Doesn't show on the website, but the 24" barrel lists as 5 oz lighter than the 22" barrel. I'm betting it's not the same cantilever and probably is a vent rib.

The 24" is probably the same one thats been out for awhile and is a vent rib. Probably the same one that is used in the 3GN shoot offs. I have one...they can be ordered through FN.

invector plus also if I recall....

Still would like to know if anything internal has been done to create a "competition" model, and not just another anodizing color.

Just from a quick look at what the FN team was shooting, it looks to be a vent rib and they took that gigantic rail thingy off. as far as the guts, I've got no idea.

How much is the 24"? And what do I have to do, just call them up?

not sure about price, but many would like to know details, here is some info for you, probably from FN or a distributor.

Product No: 3088929530

24" FN SLP barrel with 3" chamber, vent rib, front

bead sight, back-bored, includes one Invector-Plus™

Curious about the internals as well.

Is the Blue 22" still Invector chokes? Seems strange to sell two different models with different chokes. I see that causing confusion down the road.

still invector choked, the longer barrels are invector plus...