Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Fixed Jet Wings-any good

ktyler

I have been seeing a lot of table top starts lately and I have been searching for a possible solution to a small problem. I do not have a slide rack and don't really want one. I was looking at the aero wing that Graffle markets when I came across this DAA jet wing. There are 2 models, a fixed and a folding model. The folding models looks cool but how reliable is it over the long run. If anyone has experience with these please let me know the pros' and cons. I am curious how bulky they are and does the shooter run the risk of banging the wings on something and knocking the pistol out of a holster or our of your hands while shooting a stage.

Thanks for your assistance and I looking forward to seeing some responses.

Keith

I do have them. Yes its easier to pick up the gun and faster too. However, over the whole match how much does it really gain you? Anyway, I do like them. Not so much because I gain time but because less to worry when picking up the gun. Never had problems with the holster or hitting something

I have been seeing a lot of table top starts lately and I have been searching for a possible solution to a small problem. I do not have a slide rack and don't really want one. I was looking at the aero wing that Graffle markets when I came across this DAA jet wing. There are 2 models, a fixed and a folding model. The folding models looks cool but how reliable is it over the long run. If anyone has experience with these please let me know the pros' and cons. I am curious how bulky they are and does the shooter run the risk of banging the wings on something and knocking the pistol out of a holster or our of your hands while shooting a stage.

Thanks for your assistance and I looking forward to seeing some responses.

Keith

I have the folding ones on my super and I must say it works great. They are held open by magnets and I think it will hold up for a while. You cannot shoot with them closed as the pressure pushes them back up (if that makes any sense). THe reason I went with the folding one is because I can pack the gun into my bag without the wings getting in the way.

As a side question, most of our table starts say "flat on table, unsupported". Would that mean, if you have the folding wings, they would have to be folded and not used, where the fixed wings could be used? I suppose it wouldn't be required to removed your fixed wings?

the wing is concidered to be integral to the gun, folded up or not, unsupported was to get around people using extra mags to prop up their guns, then came along the various slide rackers/thumb rests...as long as it is attached tothe gun itself it fine....tho a friend of mine up in Or. got annoyed by the whole slide racker thing, and for his stage which was a table start he went nuts with a jig saw and cut about 30 or so holes of diff. configurations to accomodate ANY rackers...so thatthey would lay FLAT on a table, wings/rest or no....hehehehe was kinda funny i do have to admit

As a side question, most of our table starts say "flat on table, unsupported". Would that mean, if you have the folding wings, they would have to be folded and not used, where the fixed wings could be used? I suppose it wouldn't be required to removed your fixed wings?

This was recently covered here lets stay on topic. :cheers:

• 6 months later...

I have the folding ones on my super and I must say it works great. They are held open by magnets and I think it will hold up for a while. You cannot shoot with them closed as the pressure pushes them back up (if that makes any sense). THe reason I went with the folding one is because I can pack the gun into my bag without the wings getting in the way.

I used putty or blu-tac to keep the wings folded down when not in use.