Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP AR STOCK LENGTH

lucas

Just received my JP-CTR-02.It felt like my arms were to short all of the sudden.I measured the stock length and it's about a 1/4 inch longer than an A-2 length, but it feels like a mile.Why are the stocks getting longer ,and is there a SPI length after market stock i can buy.

• 4 months later...

Lucas,

Be careful with the A-1 stocks. Most are surplus and some have names, slogans or whatever scratched on them. I suggest sanding and painting them before letting other shooters see them.

This could be important if the wrong guy were to get hold of your loaded rifle. :huh:

Don't ask why, just follow my advice.

Todd

That is very enlightening advice ToddS. I picked up a used G.I. A1 buttstock set and it had a first initial and last name scratched into the buffer tube.

I don't want to ask why your advice is important but does it only apply if it's a girls name on the outside?

Todd, that is good advice. So you're still sticking with the story that MY wife's name just happened to be on YOUR rifle stock? Just imagine what 100 .223 rounds out of a beta mag could do to the human body. I wonder if Furbee would have DQ'd me........ :P

Mickster,

I'm not going any further than to say, trust me, sand and re-paint.

Kelly,

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am NOT stupid enough to hand you my rifle with YOUR wife's name on it with a fully loaded Beta Mag.

I had been shooting it before you came over and there was no more than 30-40 rounds left! Hah! :huh:

P.S. Tell Delia I said hello. Is she coming to NC or Raton? :wub:

As if I would bring her to any match where you might be at. :angry:

She will not be coming to North Carolina but I will be bringing my college roommate who is on Tucson PDs SWAT team. His name is Judd so feel free to paint/scratch/carve that on your stock. Delia may be at Raton, supervised at all times.

I think I could have got you with 30 or 40 rounds. Then again you did outrun me in that obnoxiously long running stage at last year's North Carolina match.

• 1 month later...