Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Samson Evolution 15"

Bryan 45

Being a bit on the frugal side, I've been using a round DPMS tube on my limited AR. It worked, but I was interested in finding something longer and lighter. I wanted something not too fat, not too heavy, not too sharp, not covered in unwanted rails, and something that didn't require an aerospace engineering degree to install.

I had the chance to check out the new Samson Evolution series at their table at Benning and was immediately impressed. These handguards are single piece construction and attach directly to a standard barrel nut using the supplied bushing. Each handguard comes with the required bushing and two pieces of picatinny rail (one 4", the other 2"). QD sling attachments are available seperately from Samson. They offer this rail in 9 different lengths and configurations, all of which are compatible with the Adams Arms gas piston kits. All of the Evolution forends sell for under $200 retail.

Santa Claus pulled up in his big brown truck a couple days ago to drop off a 15" It took me all of about 20 minutes to break my rifle apart, change the barrel nut from the DPMS to a standard, and get everything back together. Warning! I am not good with a camera!

395099700.jpg

395099702.jpg

395099703.jpg

It's a 20" Sabre fluted stainless. I really like the profile of the Sabre barrels. They offer the rigidity of heavy barrels, but are much lighter due to the deep fluting. The only weird thing about them is it's a mid-length gas system, even though it's 20". I have a few Sabre barrels and they all shoot better than I do.

Bryan,

What company did you get that Sabre barrel from?

Thanks.

It's a 20" Sabre fluted stainless. I really like the profile of the Sabre barrels. They offer the rigidity of heavy barrels, but are much lighter due to the deep fluting. The only weird thing about them is it's a mid-length gas system, even though it's 20". I have a few Sabre barrels and they all shoot better than I do.

Bryan,

What company did you get that Sabre barrel from?

Thanks.

Sabre Defence used to sell direct and they were a great, even better than great to some, sponsor to many matches. Unfortunately Sabre is currently on the auction block which closes Tuesday and all the company leadership has been indicted for illicit arms sales. As much as I like Sabre, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a barrel from them.