Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 9 major or Super

Blackfin2

Hello to all, I would like some help with the decision. I have been shooting 3 gun for about a year now with both M&P 9 and XDm 9, and have done well. I have ordered an STI frame/slide kit from SC and would like to get your valued opinions on which caliber to build. My plans are to compete in limited for another year or so until I further hone my skillset and get dozen more competitions under my belt prior to going to the open class (purely because I love to shoot optics on handguns). I have reloaded for over 30 years so ammo is not a factor in the decision. WHich do you all suggest I build, 9mm major or 38 super. I will run it in limited class then either machine another slide and set it up with the C more or strip the original and rework it for optics. The entire process will not only be a great time but I will as end up with a first class outfit. Please clime in with your thoughts.

Thank you

Wayne

Wayne, this is one of those topics that gets beat to death yet keeps coming up... so to be fair to everyone here - please do the search, there are already millions of posts on this topic, and truth is - you will not hear anything new that has not been said already hundreds of times.

The search function will get you an overwhelming number of results and enough reading to last you several days. I just went through this same thing. Originally I was going to build a 38 SC, bought brass, dies, etc. Then I decided to switch it over to 9 Major. My reason was, I am planning to shoot 9mm in ESP for IDPA, so I might as well cut down on the number of things I am loading for. 38 Super/comp is probably easier to tune and make run correctly, but I am already loading for 40 and 45 and I wanted to keep it simple. I already load to many different calibers as it is, and have consolidated my precision rifle stuff, so I chose to do the same with pistol.

About ten threads down from yours...has links to pages and pages of threads:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121879&view=findpost&p=1377710

BTW, Limited and Open are Divisions, not Classes. We Divide guns by Division. We Classify shooters by shooting Classifiers. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

• 2 weeks later...

About ten threads down from yours...has links to pages and pages of threads:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121879&view=findpost&p=1377710

BTW, Limited and Open are Divisions, not Classes. We Divide guns by Division. We Classify shooters by shooting Classifiers. R,

This info should be a sticky along with the 9/38 Thread