Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to CZ.....help a noob.....

Artsville

Well not a complete noob......just don't know much about CZ.

My b-n-law just purchased a 75b in 40SW. I found out about the mag break already. The purpose is general target shooting with some casual steel shoots everyone once in a while. He has no competitive bone in his body.

So things i need to know are:

where's the best place to buy accessories?

Holsters? (bladetech maybe)

magazines?

I reload so is a standard oal of around 1.130 gonna work fine? My current load is running in 2 different XDs and a glock..... Also are soft loads gonna run well? Any bullet not recommended due to the barrel?

Anything else i need to worry about with these pistols? I have heard really good things about CZ in general. I'm actually really excited to shoot it.

art

You can get almost anything you need from Angus at CZ Custom (http://czcustom.com). You might also be able to find good prices on MecGar magazines from CDNN Investments. If you don't but CZ factory magazines, MecGar is the only other you should consider. BladeTech holster are great and Angus carries them.

All my CZs run fine on factory length ammo. Long loads in 40 don't work out so well. Also, if reloading hollow points, try a few before a large order. Some have reported feed problems. I run Montana Golds in my TS without issues, but I don't have a 75 chambered in 40 (yet).

Good Luck,

Eric

You can get almost anything you need from Angus at CZ Custom (http://czcustom.com). You might also be able to find good prices on MecGar magazines from CDNN Investments. If you don't but CZ factory magazines, MecGar is the only other you should consider. BladeTech holster are great and Angus carries them.

All my CZs run fine on factory length ammo. Long loads in 40 don't work out so well. Also, if reloading hollow points, try a few before a large order. Some have reported feed problems. I run Montana Golds in my TS without issues, but I don't have a 75 chambered in 40 (yet).

Good Luck,

Eric

thnx.....i found the czcustoms....yeah i love the MGJHP in my xd....thnx

CZ's have a shorter throat, not really an issue with FMJ, but with JHP you will have to load shorter. When I was loading MG 124JHP, my OAL's were shorter than what everyone else was saying they loaded theirs to. I shoot an SP01. I never had an issue with feeding the JHP's.

A great source for CZ info if you haven't found it already is CZ Forum

With the bullet ^^ you may have to load around 1.09", make sure your powder charge is correct for OAL.

really that is really short.....how about the barrel? Is it really tight? In my xd pretty much anything that fails my case gauge will still make it in my xd with no issues.

art

In my P 06 and my CTS, it's not the fact that the barrel chamber is short, it's the ejection port of the slide. both of mine like 180 MG JHP's at about 1.127

Ejection port size has nothing to do with a gun working with one OAL over another. The case coming out is still the same size no matter what you load the bullet to. You can load long enough to have problems when performing remedial drills or unloading at the end of a stage, but I'm not sure that you can get a normal CZ to otherwise run on rounds that are that long - you will probably have magazine binding or feed issues before you encounter cases where live rounds are just too long to be removed via the ejection port. (They can always still fall free through an open magwell, though... so again, ejection port size doesn't determine a workable OAL in any way.)