Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Mp overtaking the GL as the #1 gun for IDPA

I can not for the life of me dry fire the M&P without a "twitch" at the end.

I had the same problem with the stock M&P because the trigger seems to break hard and it has quit a bit of overtravel, the Apex sear seems to fix this.

Greg

I can not for the life of me dry fire the M&P without a "twitch" at the end.

I had the same problem with the stock M&P because the trigger seems to break hard and it has quit a bit of overtravel, the Apex sear seems to fix this.

Greg

Interesting and thank you. After my son gets more rounds through this thing we can start to tweak it.

WG

The twitch you are seeing may be the slide moving. The slide moves about .015" when the sear releases the striker. No matter how you pull the trigger, it moves. Maybe as the sear cams down it's pulling on the striker (like a Glock) which pulls the slide down. Then when the striker snaps foward the slide pops back up giving the impression of it moving forward. I don't notice it too much during dry fire though.

• 2 weeks later...

I mostly shoot USPSA, and 19/2011s are the king in most of the clubs I shoot at. I'm the only one shooting a Limited M&P, but they are gaining ground, there are a lot of Glocks in Production... I've never handled a Glock that had as nice of a trigger as the M&P, not even a tuned up Glock.