Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

saiga for 3 gun

bmiller

I know this isn't your question but, if you're new to the game, don't worry about what is competitive. Shoot what you've got and you'll be well served with a Saiga. (In Open) :cheers:

If you don't have a Saiga and you're considering buying a shotgun for 3-gun, I would not buy a Saiga to shoot in 3-gun unless you have a 2011.

I know this isn't your question but, if you're new to the game, don't worry about what is competitive. Shoot what you've got and you'll be well served with a Saiga. (In Open) :cheers:

If you don't have a Saiga and you're considering buying a shotgun for 3-gun, I would not buy a Saiga to shoot in 3-gun unless you have a 2011.

On the other hand, if you buy the good stuff up front you dont need to waste money later. You can shoot what you currently own, but if you are interested in a particular division, there is a ton of information on this forum about the pros and cons of many different types of equipment.

As said earlier, a Saiga will put you into Open division. Also, be prepared to spend some money on it to get it to run right. Ive heard more times than not that they need a bit of work to get them to run smoothly.

Search around, there are a bunch of threads on them, both good and bad.

• 3 weeks later...

once you break one in... you'll never have to manually load single shots... just load in mags or drums... mine took over 300 rounds to break it in... I've found the russian stock mags are most dependable but, they only hold 5 shots... you really need to break in the drums, manually cycled thru a couple hundred rounds and it works like a dream... i'd suggest shooting a few hundred rounds, then taking it to shoot clays especially if you can do self pull to get a real good feel for it... and make sure it'll run as fast as you need it to... make sure it is in setting #2 for shooting low brass... I use frog lube in mine and couldn't be happier...