Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul UBR install issues

kasen

Got a problem getting the UBR main tune to "snap" on the mount entry receiver extension (buffer tube). In fact the main tube just loosely seats up against the lower receiver. No snug or "snappy" fit. This might be ok except that when I screw in the large flat head screw into the main tube I can tighten it with a LOT of torque and the main tube is still loose on the buffer tube. Any ideas how to complete this install?

I am assuming all parts are new and came out of the box from magpul. This kit utilizes a proprietary buffer tube, and a standard carbine or rifle tube will not work. If the buffer tube is not tight to the reciever there is a problem at that juncture. It could be the threads, or maybee the buffer retainer is catching the tube.

Pay particular attention to step 3 of the install directions.

Edited by mpeltier

I am assuming all parts are new and came out of the box from magpul. This kit utilizes a proprietary buffer tube, and a standard carbine or rifle tube will not work. If the buffer tube is not tight to the reciever there is a problem at that juncture. It could be the threads, or maybee the buffer retainer is catching the tube.

Pay particular attention to step 3 of the install directions.

Ok, so the screw had a lot of loctite from Magpul built up on the treads. Burned it off with the torch, reapplied loctite, and the screw now tightens up nicely. Always finding a new way to be humbled! :D

I for one HATE Magpuls locktite. I damn near stripped the grip threads from a lower while installing a MIAD grip because of that crap.

Edited by Cap