Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

South Chester, PA

Try emailing Rob directly. I have not heard anything yet.

There will be a new kid on the block though-Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club in Audubon, Pa. First Saturday at 10 am from March through October. More info to follow in match announcement section soon.

Mike

I haven't seen the list yet. I know that Rob was not doing it again and Charlie isn't going to be President again, but there are enough experienced people that I don't think it's likely to stop. At least I hope not - that's the one match I can usually make every month without fail.

Try emailing Rob directly. I have not heard anything yet.

There will be a new kid on the block though-Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club in Audubon, Pa. First Saturday at 10 am from March through October. More info to follow in match announcement section soon.

Mike

That's excellent news. Less than hour drive and first Saturday is empy on my shooting schedule. :cheers:

That is a shame. Hopefully someone will step up and take over.

I've offered to do more, but I'm not an RO so that makes it rather hard to be the MD. Plus I simply don't have the experience to design all the stages. Also, with the match on Saturday, that means a lot of stuff has to be gotten ready on Friday and business being what it is, I cannot always guarantee I can do that.

If you have shooters that are regulars at the club, have then design and build the stages. some of them must be ROs, have them be the RM, you can do the MD thing, register shooters, make sure the supplies are there, make sure the designs are turned in, do the scores etc. I would call a meeting of your club based USPSA shooters and put it on the line, Guys (and Gals) we have a situation here, Step up and help out of we ain't a gonna have us no match here no mo!.

We are very lucky in that we have build a pretty large group of people that will design and build stages. No one should have to design all the stages for a monthly match. No one can do it alone and not get to hating it.

Good luck. I was really looking forward to getting out to shoot your match this year.

For Me, South Chester was THE match I planned for every month. Taking nothing away from other clubs, it just was my priority. Great range and not so hot in the summer. I hope someone steps up to the plate.

I am looking forward to trying Providence Rod and Gun Club. This is good news.

To reiterate:

Get the South Chester club members that shoot USPSA all together and make it clear: Guys (and Gals) we have a situation here, Step up and help out of we ain't a gonna have us no match here no mo!.

You have shooters that are regulars at the club, have then design and build the stages.

At least some of them must be ROs, have one of them be the RM.

Get hold of USPSA and host an RO Class. Anyone that is shooting USPSA for any length of time should be willing to take the class. It will make them a better competitor to start off and it is the one way to keep growing the staff side of the sport. No Staff, No matches, pretty simple really.

A Non-RO can be the Match Director in that he or she will be handling the logistics of the match, not the actual running of the match.

A Non-RO can be the Match Director in that he or she will be handling the logistics of the match, not the actual running of the match.

I'm talking with Rob now to see what's possible. I've offered to take over the scoring part, help round up stage designs, do more range setup than I currently do, etc. Registration and squading is alread being handled by folks in my club in Wilmington. I'm hoping to get Rob to stay on till someone else can get up to speed enough to take over. Actually what's really needed is a small committee.

I got to thinking again (yeah, I know, danger Will Robinson, Danger), and thought about what we have posted on our website. I think this is or can be applicable to almost every club:

Your Local USPSA Club is looking for a few Stage Builders

It is really simple. We need people to help us put the stages on the ground. Bring your gloves and a good attitude, show up about an hour earlier that you currently do, walk up to the guy that is struggling to build a stage by himself or with too few others and pitch in. What will you be asked to do? Staple targets, spike walls, move target frames, verify shot angles, look for shoot throughs, look for RO traps, 180 traps, and other “HOLES”.

What do you get in return? More great stages, less down time waiting for the builders to finish, fewer problems after the match starts, an earlier start and an earlier finish to the match.

You might also like to try your hand at designing stages. All you need is a wicked imagination, a blank piece of paper and a crayon.

Here is an update. There are tentative plans for some construction which may impact matches, so things are a bit up in the air at this point. There is no match scheduled for March but they hope to have a match April 16th. I'm going to be working as an Asst MD with Rob this year so that I can get up to speed.

I'll keep you posted.

Here is an update. There are tentative plans for some construction which may impact matches, so things are a bit up in the air at this point. There is no match scheduled for March but they hope to have a match April 16th. I'm going to be working as an Asst MD with Rob this year so that I can get up to speed.

I'll keep you posted.

Great news!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update. We are having a meeting at Southern Chester next week to see if we can get a March match together. Matches are the 3rd Saturday which will be the 19th in March.

Setup starts at 8:00 am and the match starts at 10 am. New shooter briefing is at 9:00 am.

We are working on forming a "committee" of people who are willing to participate in the match organization process. This particularly includes people willing to design stages and be the main person responsible for setting up that stage the day of the match. Basically we want to spread the wealth around rather than just depending on one person (Rob Harper) to do it all.

That is a shame. Hopefully someone will step up and take over.

I've offered to do more, but I'm not an RO so that makes it rather hard to be the MD. Plus I simply don't have the experience to design all the stages. Also, with the match on Saturday, that means a lot of stuff has to be gotten ready on Friday and business being what it is, I cannot always guarantee I can do that.

Herumph!

I spoke with Charlie before the holidays and he suggested that I consider the position. I was surprised as I'm equally unqualified and time-compromised. The very suggestion tacitly implied a bit of desperation. :P I checked the club calender this past weekend and no matches were scheduled. I emailed the club President, but have yet to receive a response. I'm planning to attend the club meeting this coming Tuesday and will report any new information on this thread.

Update: Upon reading through the rest of this thread, it would appear the we're making progress. Due to my close proximity to the club, about 10 minutes, I'm willing to extend some form of assistance and will relay this at the meeting.

Graham, thanks for stepping up. These matches mean a great deal to many people, myself included.

Edited by Jungo2

In case you missed the post, I will be taking over as MD with Rob as my AD. There will be a match in March but Rob has been on vacation and things will not get finalized until Tuesday. If you can help in any way, get with me and Rob on Tuesday evening.

• 1 month later...

Graham, will you be posting the results to a club website, the USPSA website, sending by email or a combination of the above?

Please do include the combined results. I know they are not official, but they are a nice way to see how you are doing on a personal level.

Again, excellent match. I hope to be able to attend again soon.

Jim