Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder for Lazercast 200 grain

RH45

I ran across a 1,000 Lazercast, 200 grain bullets in my basement that I forgot about. I thought I'd get them loaded up, but, I don't have a clue as what to use for powder. I only need to run them about 650 fps, because I'll use them in one of my STIs for IDPA. I generally load to about 1.2 oal.

I'm looking for something that's NOT going to smoke like a chimney.The powders I have here are VV310, 320, 350, IMR4756, True Blue, and Titegroup. I KNOW that Titegroup smokes, so, I don't want to use that.

Thanks!

it isnt the lube that smokes, its the burning lead on the bullet. shoot some of the lasercast gas checked bullets and even with titegroup you get almost no smoke.

some of the smoke is generated by the lube and about 90 percent of it is the burning lead. this can be proved by shooting bullets without any lube at all. they still smoke.

some of the low-smoke powders ive found seem to have a cooler burn. WST and AA7 being two notable powders.

you want low smoke loads in the minor 40 caliber? 3.5 grains WST at 1.200 oal with that bullet.