Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf overtravel stop

sharptailhunter

I was checking out a buddy's G22 with the Lone Wolf overtravel stop he had just installed. It seemed pretty cool, so I've tried to research it some. Is it legal to have one on my G34 that I plan to shoot SSP with? Are there any other shooting competitions that I would be prohibited to shoot in because of it? Sorry for the ignorance, I haven't shot a match yet, but I plan to this year.

Also, a few of the reviews of the product said it can cause runaways. Has anybody experienced that? Is it a common problem?

It is legal in SSP as it is not an external modification. It is a drop-in modification but the set screw that sets the overtravel distance needs to be tuned. I would recommend getting the armorer's slide plate also to help with taking the gun apart if you set the overtravel too tight. One more thing, if you take out too much overtravel the trigger can get mushy.

There are no rules that prohibit them in IDPA or USPSA that I am aware of. It is a good modification. Of course, for 10 cents and 5 minutes, you can DIY. Did my first one about 15 years ago (still works) and about 50 since and it is pretty easy. 4-40 1/4" long socket head screw. Drill and tap and adjust. If you want, when you have it adjusted, run it IN 2 full turns, add loctite and back out 2 turns.

Mark,

I smell what you're stepping in. That's exactly what I was going to do. I looked online, $24.95 for the item. How much is a 4-40 screw... about $0.12. I already have the tap, just too. I just wanted to make sure I didn't violate any rules by doing it. Thanks for all your replies.

You can add one to the front of the housing to reduce pre-travel as well. It changes the stock profile of the trigger in the trigger guard and I believe makes it

illegal for Production. No idea how IDPA stands there. I think it works pretty darn good when set up right.

Jim

You can add one to the front of the housing to reduce pre-travel as well. It changes the stock profile of the trigger in the trigger guard and I believe makes it

illegal for Production. No idea how IDPA stands there. I think it works pretty darn good when set up right.

You can reduce take-up as long as the trigger safety tab is not modified, and still be production legal. However, all you can really get is about 0.1" unless you do modify the trigger safety tab. Putting a screw through the front of the housing (along the bore axis) is not the best idea. They lack long term reliability and there is some "drift" making the take-up change.