Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD sub VS XDM 3.8 sub

1911vm

XD sub VS XDM sub 3.8

Both would be in 9mm. for daily care. I do carry on my ankle from time to time. And not sure if 3.8 be to long. Also need to consider price. Does anyone have both and can give me shooting comparisons. Thanks.

Edited by 1911vm

Now there's the xdm sub ..which has a extended mag with it ..that makes full size handle.

So its good for carry with short handle and put extended on and you have 3.8.

Both have same size barrel so they will shoot similarly

Now there's the xdm sub ..which has a extended mag with it ..that makes full size handle.

So its good for carry with short handle and put extended on and you have 3.8.

Both have same size barrel so they will shoot similarly

XD sub is the older syle 3in barrel and the new XDM sub is the one I am asking about

XD sub VS XDM 3.8

That's not what it says here..

my reply works anyway..lol

I plan on getting the xdm compact myself eventually..I have the regular xdm now

Edited by sdm74

That's not what it says here..

my reply works anyway..lol

I plan on getting the xdm compact myself eventually..I have the regular xdm now

Sorry for the confusion. I guess my first question is why a 3.8 sub $150+ better then 3in XD sub?

• 2 weeks later...

If you carry IWB,(Appendix carry), you will probably notice the difference between the 3" and 3.8" barrel. That's been my experience,anyway. That's why I stuck with the 3" version.

I much prefer the 3" barrel. My 2 cents.

For me, it's worth the extra barrel length and cost because the XDm fits my hand a lot better than the XDsc I have. I also think that a little extra barrel length should make it a little more pleasant to shoot and the extra few rounds in the mag are always a good thing. I am looking at the .40 though, so that's my $0.02

• 3 weeks later...

IMO the extra barrel length is not worth the money, on the other hand barrel length is not that big of a deal for carry. I can hide a 5" gun just as easy as a 3" gun. :surprise: I have had my XD sub 9mm since they where released, and even shoot it once in a while in USPSA out of an inside the waistband Milt Sparks holster. (Just for the fun of it!) :roflol:

I have shot both and I think the 3.8 subcompact is indeed worth the extra money because I have very large hands so the inter-changable back straps really help accommodate my large paws. The added grip texture really helps too. I also think the 3.8 recoils a little softer then the standard xd subcompact but then again it is a 9mm so recoil isn't a big deal.

Cheers.

XD sub VS XDM sub 3.8

Both would be in 9mm. for daily care. I do carry on my ankle from time to time. And not sure if 3.8 be to long. Also need to consider price. Does anyone have both and can give me shooting comparisons. Thanks.

you must have real big ankles! I like to wear my XD sub-compact around my neck on a big gold break-a-way chain. it's the only bling i have. the only problem -- the muzzle is always pointing at my chin and several police officers thought it was a cry for help.

i was just trying to show everyone how safe a striker fired pistol can be without an external safety. i switched to 155g bullets to keep the weight down. loaded with 180's required weekly visits to my chiropractor for an adjustment.

do you wear a toe ring with your new ankle bracelet? i have been told by some that it is a bit garish...

• 2 weeks later...

My list of Springfields:

XD40SC Subcompact

XD9SC Subcompact

XDM9C Compact

XDM9 Fullsized

I shoot the full 4.5" for IDPA, and I carry the XDM9 Compact as my EDC.

Out of the four the best "stock" trigger was the XDM9 Compact. I haven't invested in a full trigger job on it, but the engagement surfaces have been mirror polished, and I've swapped out the springs to bring it down to a 3.5 - 4.0 lbs pull. It shoots very accurately, and followup shots are much quicker with the 3.8" barrel. One of the things I really like about having both XDm's is that the slides are interchangeable. 4.5" bbl with a compact grip. Sure thing, no problem. I'd post a picture, but I'm a "new member." You can search over on XDtalk for the XDm 9mm Compactical and find the pics.