Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18" Rogue Hunter for 3 gun

JMIS

This will be first full year of competition type shooting. I picked up an FN SLP for my shotgun. Now I would like to upgrade my rifle. Last year I used my Stag AR with Burris AR332. I would like to get a better rifle set up. I've been looking at the Noveske 18" Rogue Hunter 5.56mm. I'm thinking of buying just upper and putting it on my Stag lower.

Any thoughts on upper versus complete gun, or other option. Also want to add a 1-4 scope rather than red dot.

:cheers:

This will be first full year of competition type shooting. I picked up an FN SLP for my shotgun. Now I would like to upgrade my rifle. Last year I used my Stag AR with Burris AR332. I would like to get a better rifle set up. I've been looking at the Noveske 18" Rogue Hunter 5.56mm. I'm thinking of buying just upper and putting it on my Stag lower.

Any thoughts on upper versus complete gun, or other option. Also want to add a 1-4 scope rather than red dot.

:cheers:

I bought a 18 inch Rogue hunter upper and it came with a free stripped lower which I assembled. I am very happy with it. I am a huge Noveske fan they make great reliable and accurate rifles.

Pat

RogueHunter.jpg

2 thing about the Noveske I would not like - the intermediate gas system and the railed FF tube.

At almost a $ 1000 for the Upper, I'd spend the extra and get a JP15 upper instead.

The Rogue Hunter uses a Troy forend which only has a rail on the top. Its very light weight. Comparable to a Vtac rail.

Pat

Jeremy, let's get together some time and you can shoot my JP. You'll buy one after you're done. :cheers:

Say when B)

Send me an email, we'll figure something out. Maybe we can head to the range after the pistol match Saturday morning if you're going?

• 1 year later...