Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bumper Pads for 1911 Single Stack Magazines

rhino

I'm looking for some bumper pads for single stack magazines, preferably with the screws.

In the old days, you could get a bag of them in any color from Denny's for not a lot of money, but now it looks like you have to pay through the nose for them from Metalform.

Does anyone have any they want to sell or know of a good source?

Thanks!

Or you could just by Wilson singlestacks. They come with a 1/2" thick baseplate that I find just perfect. Though if you wish, 1/4" or 3/4" baseplates are available as an after-market option from Wilson's. The easy-on/easy-off nature of the Wilson baseplate makes changing it to a different thickness easy.

Here's a suggestion from someone who hates drilling holes in stuff. I use Pachmayr rubber base pads on the bottom of my Chip McCormick 10 round single stacks. They are rubber molds around a brass base. The brass gives you extra weight to drop free faster. You can screw them on or do as I did. I use 3M VHB (Very High Bond) foam double sided tape. It's a structural tape about 0.030 thick and is very aggressive. I've had them on my mags for four years now without a single failure. In all weather conditons and cleaning situations. Good Luck.

I have used the C.P. Specialties Pads for years. They use to make them in different colors for the 1911 magazines but not any more. :(

They have a little bushing in the screw hole so you can not over tighten them. I have over 50 of them and will not buy anything else. ;)

They are on page 107 of the #56 Brownells catalog.