Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147grn MG Tite group data

sdm74

Search doesn't meet my expectation either. There is lots of info out there just a little hard to find.

Go to the 9 mm loading section and try TiteGroup +147gr

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120010&st=0&p=1360710&hl=titegroup%20+147gr&fromsearch=1entry1360710

The OAL is going to be a matter of what will work in your gun more than a min and max. I tried 3.5 gr a little hot probably 3.4gr w an OAL of 1.145. There is some data on Hogdon but as always who shoots Sierra bullets.

For the last couple of years I have been running a MG 147 CMJ with 3.5 of Titegroup, loaded to 1.140". Makes about a 135 power factor out of my Glock 17. 3.5 of TG is max in the book.

My wife and I both shoot that load. I cleaned the guns last July and they are still running fine. Some people say TG is dirty. :sight::roflol:

You REALLY need to find out what the greatest OAL YOUR gun will accept is!!

Then, find out if 147gr bullet is any better than 124/125gr bullet in the gun (your gun) with twist rate of the barrel.

Heavier bullet will essentially cause lower bullet velocity - thus, in theory, slower gun cycle time = slower split.

It usually takes some experimenting to get a combo of bullet/powder/OAL that work the best for YOU.

My wife and I both shoot that load. I cleaned the guns last July and they are still running fine. Some people say TG is dirty.

From what I've seen TG is very clean if loaded to around max, I've shot a lot of 9mm with a 115jhp and 4.5 TG and you would have to shoot a lot of them to get to the point where you had to clean.

Hodgdon rates the 147 grn xtp for a col of 1.10 if I increase that to say 1.13 would I increase the powder charge slightly? Also can you use the data for a xtp bullet for a mg tmj?

Thanks

Steve

3.2gr Zero or Hornady all work excellent. Just adjust the OAl to suit your gun. In 4" guns I seem to run between 835 and 860fps. In 5" guns I get about 880 to 910 fps depending on the batch.

In my Ruger PC9 I get 1100fps, so I backed it off to 3.0gr and slid the OAL out to 1.15" 1020fps all the time. nice load in my M&P9 4" at about 780 - 800fps, just cycled but not relaible enough for me. So back to 3.2gr and 850fps.