Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson's new Elite lineup

YamaLink

My point was, 6 inch Paras were deemed legal because there were 500 6" components, and Super duper famous guy had one even though at that time Para had never made a 6" gun. While the True sight and Sighttracker top end were deemed to only be Limited legal if they were mounted on a S_I frame, because that was the only way 500 complete guns were made. This is a hypocritical double standard, Since Dan Wesson has evidently announced they are only making 40 guns I am wondering which interpretation of the rules NROI will decide to use ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was, 6 inch Paras were deemed legal because there were 500 6" components, and Super duper famous guy had one even though at that time Para had never made a 6" gun. While the True sight and Sighttracker top end were deemed to only be Limited legal if they were mounted on a S_I frame, because that was the only way 500 complete guns were made. This is a hypocritical double standard, Since Dan Wesson has evidently announced they are only making 40 guns I am wondering which interpretation of the rules NROI will decide to use ?

I'd never heard of this. However, I believe I've seen that gunsmiths like Jim Anglin have built Caspian based wide body 6" guns. I've never heard of a problem with them.

Chris