Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Sights

JAB

Hi there i need some info befor i have these sights installed . They are a set of Fire Sights by Williams. I didnt know it at the time they are an older set where the front sight needs to be pined. Im installing them on a glock 17 id like to know if the gunsmith pinds the front sight will that screw up my slid or make it more trouble if i want to change the front sight again ?? thanks for any help

Edited by JAB

• 2 weeks later...

the glock i want to put them on is first gen made 1991 and the front sight looks not to be pined on it the factory sights on it now

Edited by JAB

the glock i want to put them on is first gen made 1991 and the front sight looks not to be pined on it the factory sights on it now

The front sights you have a post that is split and when installed through the slide the pin goes in the slot to "open" the post and keep it tight....the new models have a screw instead of the little pin/stake. Both models will work in your Glolck without any changes or damages to the slide.

Easy way to get the old sight off, grab it with pliers and yank. The new screwed on ones are just out from glock a year or 2. It is very obvious as the screw is visible in the top of the glock sight. The screw on ones are what the aftermarket ones are and are much sturdier than the pinned on old factory ones