Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate barrel R&R

grywlfbg

All,

So after a lengthy delay getting a Quinn mount installed on my CM I've finally started shooting it. I'm loving the gun. I started w/ an SP-01 in Production. I then started shooting 3-gun and ran a TS. I'm now making the jump to Open and was happy that CZ came through w/ the CM so I could keep the same ergonomics that I was used to w/ my TS.

My question is around cleaning and barrel removal. Is there some secret to getting the guide rod in and out without bleeding or losing an eye? I've only done it twice and each time I just kept fussing and swearing at it until it snapped into place. I'm finding myself not doing complete cleanings because I hate that freaking guide rod to much.

I can take some pictures if it'll help.

You need a staple (ones from a staple gun will work) or a piece of wire shaped like L.

Take the slide out and then tilt the barrel off the slide grooves and fully compress recoil spring. In a space between compensator and slide (close to the slide) you will see a small hole on a guide rod. Put a staple in it, it will hold the recoil spring compressed. After that you can take the guide rod assembly out of the slide and unscrew compensator.

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

You need a staple (ones from a staple gun will work) or a piece of wire shaped like L.

You sir are a genius. Thank you! I knew there had to be a better way. Worked like a charm. Now I don't have to wear safety glasses when I clean my gun :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Have either of you guys noticed that if you screw the comp up tight it is off centre i.e. the guide rod won't line up with the locating hole in the comp. I have to back mine off a little to line it up and while it works fine it bothers me a little that the comp is not done up tight.