Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1-4,1-6,1-8-How much is enough?

DMAC

I have a 2x7 Leupold Rifleman on my AR and love it. I also put iron sights at 45 degrees on the forearm for close up shots. Funny thing is I only paid about $110 for the scope at Wally world. One of the clearest Scopes I've ever owned.

Here a pic of the Irons

Edited by Mark R

Not saying it's light, but I think the Z6i is the same. About 650 grams.

Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 PM Short Dot

Info and videos here:

http://www.3gun.se/showthread.php?13-Kikarsikte-för-IPSC-Rifle-Schmidt-amp-Bender-1-8x24-PM-Short-Dot&highlight=bender

Actually they are not even close to the same. The S&B 1-8 is almost half a pound more than the Z6i (460 grams vs 655). Most 1-4's are lighter yet. I am not all wrapped up in weight savings like some but a half pound or more is significant for a scope, in my opinion.

The point I was tryin to make though is that rarely when you try to make something a do-it-all proposition it rarely does any one thing as best as it can.

I've deceided. Going for the Z6i. Not sure which reticle but LD-I or BRT-I, what do you say?

Apparently the S&B has a limited field of view even at lowest power setting, and the illuminated dot is not as sharp.

Lighter too :D

I used to have the circle dot and not I have the BRT-I and love it. With the reticle lit its less busy. Your eye is drawn to the dot. The bullet drop is simple.

Pat

I have the 1-6 as well. It definately helps the visually challenged see the same spot to aim at time and time again. I don't think I would trade the 8x for the loss in FOV. The Z6i has excellent FOV but we transition from target to target so much it is tough to see everyting when you are that dialed in. I would take 4X FOV on a 6X scope over 8X magnification.

I was sending some downrange today with my lowly TR24 (thanks Jesse :cheers: ) at 350 yards, and was actually thinking to myself, "I don't need a bigger scope for what we do"

If I don't tell myself these things, I would have been scope shopping rather than practicing :roflol: